Personal Injury Lawyer Granite City, IL
Call for a No-Risk Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Granite City, IL. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for those injured through no fault of their own in Granite City, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a family member have been injured, you can't work, and if an injury has put a strain on your finances. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Personal Injury Claims in Granite City, IL
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as they're able to. An experienced Granite City, IL personal injury lawyer is a great resource for legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Granite City, IL
If you have been in a car or truck accident in Granite City, IL, weren't totally compensated at your job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might be eligible compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help personal injury victims and their families in the Granite City area. Our personal injury lawyer team has won millions for victims and their families.
Our Granite City, IL personal injury lawyer firm can handle numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 traffic-related fatalities annually and hundreds of thousands of accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employer negligence can include exposure to electricity, lapses in training, falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people are bitten by dogs annually in the United States. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite leads to emotional distress, scarring, gashes and other injuries. Dog bites in Granite City, IL fall under strict liability, which means that a dog owner is responsible for what their dog does regardless of their actions.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death suits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death claim, including loss of companionship and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents and other incidents may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Granite City, IL
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical bills, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also seeks out-of-pocket costs (rental cars, a nanny, etc.), property damage, and any other financial, physical or emotional loss due to injury. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim. It's critical not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
Find out more about your rights and the legal process with our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of professionalism to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and hundreds of thousands of people are hurt at work, at home, or in restaurants and many other places every year.
Granite City, IL Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
There are several things that need to get done if you want to win an injury case. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove how the other party caused your injuries, cause in fact, fault and financial damages. Here are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Granite City, IL personal injury lawyers take a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your primary care physician. Medical records are extremely important evidence. Even if an injury does not seem serious, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a number of factors to consider when you calculate economic and noneconomic damages. Damages can include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? It's important to keep track of everything. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Do you have experience with this specific injury? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? What if I was partially responsible for the accident? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before moving forward.
Take a look at the other types of claims we take on in Granite City, IL?
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in Granite City, IL Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping people when they're at their most vulnerable. A serious injury can have persisting effects, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Granite City, IL now for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: