Personal Injury Lawyer Farmington, MO
Call for a Complimentary Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Farmington, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for clients in Farmington, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or someone you love have been injured, you can't work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Personal Injury Claims in Farmington, MO
There are over 97.9 million urgent care visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that lead to death. It's important for survivors to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as they're able to. An experienced Farmington, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek a financial recovery for your injuries.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Farmington, MO
If you have been in a car or truck accident in Farmington, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might be entitled to compensation. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have committed themselves to helping personal injury victims and their families in the Farmington area. Our personal injury lawyer team has won millions for victims and their families.
Our Farmington, MO personal injury lawyer firm specializes in numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related deaths annually and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of tort trials.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employment injuries can include being struck by an object, insufficient training, falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year in the U.S.. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite can cause emotional trauma, disfigurement, lacerations and other injuries. Your Farmington, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the person controlling the dog.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death claims in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death case, including loss of guidance and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, slip and fall, pedestrian accidents and other incidents may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Farmington, MO Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages or lost earning capacity, and others. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket expenses (rental cars, childcare, etc.), property damage, and any other financial loss due to injury. We fight until you receive every penny owed to you.
A personal injury lawyer is usually the only way to get fair compensation after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, make the insurance company be fair, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim. It's imperative not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
Find out more about your rights and the claims process with our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidental injuries are now the 5th leading cause of death, and hundreds of thousands of people are hurt on the job, at home, or in vehicles and everywhere else every year.
Farmington, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
There are several things that need to get done if you want to win an injury case. To win a tort (injury) case, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Here are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Farmington, MO personal injury lawyers take a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are extremely important evidence. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages can include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle? What if I was partially responsible for the accident? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Take a look at the other types of cases we take on in Farmington, MO?
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Farmington, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A catastrophic injury can have lasting consequences, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Farmington, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: