Personal Injury Lawyer Potosi, MO
Contact Us for a Free Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Potosi, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for those injured through no fault of their own in Potosi, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or someone you love have been injured, you can't work, and if the medical bills are piling up. It's crucial that our team provides effective representation to each and every client. If you'd like to go over your claim with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't hesitate to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Potosi, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A talented Potosi, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek compensation for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Potosi, MO
If you have been in a auto accident in Potosi, MO, were hurt on the job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might be eligible compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured by someone else in the Potosi area. Our personal injury lawyer team has gotten great results for victims and their families.
Our Potosi, MO personal injury lawyer firm specializes in a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 car crash deaths every year and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of injury claims that go to trial.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employer negligence can include being struck by an object, lapses in training, slip and falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites annually in the U.S.. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite can cause emotional trauma, disfigurement, lacerations and other injuries. Your Potosi, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death cases in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death claim, including loss of guidance and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and other bodily injuries may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Potosi, MO
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical bills, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or losing the ability to work, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also fights for out-of-pocket expenses (transportation, home assistance, etc.), property damage, and any other financial loss due to negligence. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
A personal injury lawyer is usually the only way to get maximum compensation after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
Find out more about your rights and the claims process with our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of legal representation to those injured through no fault of their own. Accidental injuries are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are hurt on the job, at home, or in restaurants and many other places every year.
Potosi, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove negligence, causation, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Here are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Halvorsen Klote does not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Potosi, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a portion of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your primary care physician. Medical records are extremely important if you are filing a claim and trying to get reimbursed. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a number of variables when you figure out the economic and noneconomic damages. Damages can include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? It's important to keep track of everything. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Do you have experience with this specific injury? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? How much or a percentage do you charge? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in my case? Why? You need to know as much as you can before moving forward.
Take a look at the other types of cases we take on in Potosi, MO?
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A catastrophic injury can have persisting consequences, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Potosi, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: