Personal Injury Lawyer Kirkwood, MO
Contact Us for a No-Risk Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Kirkwood, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents those injured through no fault of their own in Kirkwood, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a loved one have been injured, you can't work, and if an injury has put a strain on your finances. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to discuss your case with Halvorsen Klote to understand your options, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Kirkwood, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for survivors to find legal representation as soon as possible. An experienced Kirkwood, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Kirkwood, MO
If you have been in a motor vehicle accident in Kirkwood, MO, were hurt on the job, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might be entitled to compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help personal injury victims and their families in the Kirkwood area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Kirkwood, MO personal injury lawyer firm can handle many different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 auto accident deaths every year and over 6 million accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employment injuries can include exposure to electricity, insufficient training, falls, fires and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites each year in the United States. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite can cause emotional anguish, scarring, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Dog bites in Kirkwood, MO fall under strict liability, meaning a dog owner is responsible for what their dog does regardless of their actions.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death claims in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of support and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and other incidents may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Kirkwood, MO
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages or lost earning capacity, and others. Halvorsen Klote also fights for out-of-pocket expenses (transportation, a nanny, etc.), property damage, and any other financial, physical or emotional damages. We fight until there is no money left on the table.
A personal injury lawyer is often the only way to get maximum compensation after an injury. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's critical to be proactive after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of professionalism to injury victims and their families. Accidental injuries are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured at work, at home, or in stores and many other places every year.
Kirkwood, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To make a successful personal injury claim, you're going to have to prove negligence, causation, fault and financial damages. Below are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Halvorsen Klote does not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Kirkwood, MO personal injury lawyers take a portion of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your primary care physician. Medical records are extremely important when you're filing a claim and hoping to get reimbursed. Even if an injury seems minor, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include things like lost earning potential, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of consortium, loss of ability to enjoy life, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? What if I was partially at-fault? Do you believe in my case? Why? You need to know as much as you can before moving forward.
Take a look at the other types of cases we handle in Kirkwood, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A catastrophic injury can have enduring consequences, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Kirkwood, MO now for a complimentary case review.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: