Personal Injury Lawyer St. Louis, MO
Contact Us for a Complimentary Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for those injured through another's negligence in St. Louis, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or a loved one have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if an injury has put you in a tough financial situation. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Personal Injury Claims in St. Louis, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for victims and their families to find legal counsel as soon as possible. A dedicated St. Louis, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in St. Louis, MO
If you were injured in a car or truck accident in St. Louis, MO, sustained an overuse injury at work, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help personal injury victims and their families in the St. Louis area. Read what previous clients have to say about us on the testimonials page.
Our St. Louis, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related deaths annually and hundreds of thousands of accidents, automobile accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employment injuries can include exposure to electricity, poor training, slip and falls, explosions and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people are bitten by dogs annually nationwide. Dog bites are a serious concern for people of all ages. A dog bite leads to mental anguish, disfigurement, gashes and other injuries. Dog bites in St. Louis, MO fall under strict liability, meaning a dog owner is responsible for what their dog does regardless of their actions.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death cases in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of benefits and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents and other incidents may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in St. Louis, MO
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical expenses, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket costs (rental cars, daycare, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial damages. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
A personal injury lawyer is usually the only way to get full compensation after an injury. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's imperative to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are seriously injured on the job, on private property, or in cars and many other places every year.
St. Louis, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish a few things. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Here are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Halvorsen Klote does not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our St. Louis, MO personal injury lawyers take a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? It's important to go to a hospital or see your primary care physician. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if an injury does not seem serious, having a written document will help your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? There are a number of variables when you figure out the economic and noneconomic damages. Damages may include medical treatment and physical therapy, property damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? It's important to keep track of everything. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in the merits of my claim? Why? You need to know as much as you can before moving forward.
Check out the other types of cases we take on in St. Louis, MO?
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have enduring effects, like financial losses, not being able to hold down a job, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in St. Louis, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: