St. Louis and Southern Illinois Road Construction Accident Attorney
St. Louis Road Construction Accident Lawyer
Road Construction Accident Lawyer St. Louis, MO. If you have suffered devastating and debilitating injuries due to someone else’s carelessness in a road construction accident, you need to call Halvorsen Klote immediately at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online for a free consultation. You need an experienced and skilled St. Louis road construction accident lawyer on your side as soon as possible, fighting for your interests.
In the most recent data available from the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), there were 762 fatal crashes in United States work zones in 2019, a 15-year high and a 42 percent increase over five years, resulting in 842 fatalities. There were an estimated 115,000 total crashes, resulting in 39,100 injuries. In Missouri, there were 13 crashes resulting in 19 fatalities and in Illinois there were 25 fatal crashes resulting in 30 fatalities. There’s a general assumption, and the Halvorsen Klote road construction accident lawyer team has heard it, that most work zone crashes happen on large interstates and highways. However, of the 762 fatal crashes in the FHWA data, over 51 percent (324) occurred on arterial roads, 38 percent (293) on highways, 6 percent (48) on collector roads and 4 percent (31) on local roads.
Halvorsen Klote‘s road construction accident lawyer team has years of experience standing in the corner of clients in St. Louis and throughout Missouri and Illinois, fighting for and winning millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements. Our St. Louis road construction accident lawyer can guide you through your accident claim and, whether you need financial assistance because of lost work, medical bills or to pay for the costs of recovery for injuries sustained in the accident, will see to it that you and your family are provided for during this difficult time.
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review | St. Louis Road Construction Accident Lawyer.
Road Construction Accident Resources from Halvorsen Klote
St. Louis Road Construction Accident Lawyer: How Do Road Construction Accidents Happen?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, work zones are hazardous both for motorists who drive through the complex array of signs, barrels and lane changes, and for workers who build, repair and maintain our streets, bridges and highways. Far too often, serious accidents are caused by dangerous road construction zones with misplaced or faulty warning signs. The Halvorsen Klote St. Louis road construction accident lawyer team has the skill and experience to fight for justice and maximum compensation for you and your family. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
Some of the issues of faulty work zone signage the St. Louis road construction accident lawyer team has seen includes:
- Inadequate road construction markings and safety warnings
- Dangerous or misplaced road construction markers and barricades
- Malfunctioning signals and missing or improper stop signs
- Dangerous curves and defective guardrails
- Inadequate shoulders and dangerous drop offs
St. Louis Road Construction Accident Lawyer: Why Do Road Construction Accidents Happen?
Road construction accidents can happen for a variety of reasons. Work zones often make drivers impatient and frustrated due to the delays, which may cause them to try to pull into the emergency lane, speed through the area or ignore traffic signals. Some of the most common types of accidents the HK Law St. Louis road construction accident lawyer sees are:
- Sideswipes — Sideswipes are common in construction zones when lanes narrow and there are unpredictable lane shifts.
- Rear-end collisions — When there are road construction delays, drivers may try to entertain themselves and engage in distracting behaviors, such as texting while driving, messing the radio or fiddling with other controls in the vehicle. Drivers who are distracted may run into the back of another vehicle due to the constant stop-and-go pace.
- Collisions with construction vehicles — In work zones, the presence of idle or slow-moving vehicles may cause an accident.
Our attorneys and legal staff know that poorly maintained construction zones can lead to serious accidents, as can other drivers. The best practice is to drive safely through any form of road construction and work zones. If you are involved in any form of road construction accident, be sure to call Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online for a no-cost case review.
Safety Tips to Avoid a Road Construction Accident
Stay Alert and Minimize Distractions
- Dedicate your full attention to the roadway
- Avoid changing the radio station, using a cellphone, eating or other distractions that can remove your concentration from the road
Keep Your Headlights On
Pay Attention to the Road
- ”Listen to the signs”
- Watch brake lights on vehicles ahead
- Watch traffic around you and be prepared to react
Merge into the Proper Lane
- Merge well before you reach the lane closure
- Be aware that traffic patterns can change daily
- Follow other vehicles at a safe distance
Obey the Posted Speed Limit
- Workers may be present just feet away
- Fines may be doubled for moving traffic violations
- Be prepared to slow down further if conditions indicate the need
Change Lanes Safely
- Change lanes only where pavement markings indicate, and only when traffic conditions permit
Follow Instructions from Flaggers
Expect the Unexpected
- Workers, work vehicles or equipment may enter your lane without warning
- Other vehicles may slow, stop or change lanes unexpectedly
In addition to work zone accident cases, an HK Law road construction accident lawyer also helps the injured in St. Louis and Southern Illinois with the following claims:
Road Construction Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote in St. Louis, MO
The St. Louis road construction accident lawyer team at Halvorsen Klote has dedicated its time and energy to fighting for our clients, their families and their futures. We do not simply rely on winning your case. We want to make sure you are secure financially, emotionally and physically, on a strong road to recovery and that the responsible parties pay. As always, we don’t get paid unless you win.