Auto Accident Attorney St. Louis, MO
Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Louis, MOAutomobile Accident Lawyers
Auto accident attorney in St. Louis, MO. Auto accidents can happen in the blink of an eye in St. Louis, MO. If a negligent driver in the St. Louis, MO area caused a crash, you need an auto accident lawyer who will work for you to recover damages from the liable party. But not all St. Louis, MO auto accident lawyers are created equal. You need a trustworthy and experienced law firm that puts you and your needs first. You need Halvorsen Klote. We advocate for victims of auto accidents in throughout the St. Louis, MO area.
We have won millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our St. Louis, MO-area clients in an array of vehicle accident claims, including:
How Halvorsen Klote Can Help You in St. Louis, MO | Auto Accident Attorney St. Louis, MO
Did you know that in 2022, there were a staggering 1,040 lives lost in traffic accidents in Missouri and a multitude more that resulted in injuries and damages on Missouri’s roadways? If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident near St. Louis, MO, you may be confronting legal complexities, financial challenges, emotional anguish, and physical discomfort. You may be pondering how to get adequate compensation for your injuries and losses.
That’s exactly why you need an experienced auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote. Our lawyers specialize in representing victims of auto accidents in St. Louis, MO. They can assist you in navigating the difficult legal process, negotiating with insurance companies, and receiving fair and just compensation.
A personal injury law firm based in St. Louis, Halvorsen Klote has years of experience handling St. Louis, MO car crash cases. We have won millions of dollars for our clients and have obtained rave reviews from numerous satisfied customers. Our lawyers are committed to serving victims and their families throughout the St. Louis, MO area. Give us a call today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Causes and Types of Auto Accidents in St. Louis, MO | Auto Accident Attorney St. Louis, MO
Car crashes can happen for various reasons in St. Louis, MO and can involve different types of vehicles and collisions. A few of the typical causes of auto accidents in St. Louis, MO are:
- Distracted driving: This happens when a driver is not paying attention to traffic or the road because they are talking on the phone, eating, drinking, adjusting the radio, engaging in conversations with passengers, or engaging in any other activity that distracts them from driving.
- Speeding: This occurs when a driver exceeds the posted speed limit or drives too fast for the road conditions. Speeding reduces the driver’s reaction time, increases the braking distance, and increases the severity of the accident.
- Drunk driving: This happens when a driver operates a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Drunk driving impairs the driver’s judgment, vision, coordination, and reflexes, making them more likely to cause an accident.
Various kinds of injuries and damages can occur depending on the type and cause of auto accident. The following are some of the common injuries and damages:
- Whiplash: Caused by sudden, back-and-forth movement during a collision, this is a serious neck injury that may not display symptoms right away. It can cause reduced range of motion, dizziness, headaches, stiffness, and severe pain.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): This is a brain injury caused by a blow or jolt to the head during an accident. It can cause cognitive impairment, memory loss, mood changes, seizures, coma, or death.
- Spinal cord injury (SCI): A spinal injury caused by a fracture or dislocation of the vertebrae during a an accident, an SCI can cause loss of bladder or bowel control, sexual dysfunction, tingling, numbness, and paralysis.
- Broken bones: These can affect any part of the body and cause infection, deformity, bruising, swelling, and severe pain. They are caused by the impact or pressure of an auto accident.
- Lacerations: Cuts or tears caused by broken glass or metal shards during an accident, lacerations can cause infection, nerve damage, scarring, and bleeding.
- Burns: Caused by hot fluids or fire from an auto accident, burns can lead to severe pain, infection, disfigurement, peeling, and blistering.
St. Louis, MO auto accidents can have serious and lasting consequences for the victims and their families. Along with many of the physical conditions listed above, potential consequences of auto accidents can include emotional trauma – such as trauma-related distress, fear, depression, anger, remorse, or loss – and substantial financial hardships like healthcare, property damage, lost income, reduced earning capacity, or funeral costs. The Halvorsen Klote auto accident attorneys are here for you. Give us a call now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Other cases Halvorsen Klote takes on in St. Louis, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
What to Do After an St. Louis, MO Auto Accident | Auto Accident Attorney St. Louis, MO
If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident in the St. Louis, MO area, it is important to follow specific procedures to protect your health, safety, and legal rights. Below are the the steps you should take after an auto accident:
- Seek medical attention: The first and most crucial step is to obtain medical attention for yourself and anyone else who is injured in St. Louis, MO. Even if you think your injuries are minor or you feel fine, you should still get checked by a medical professional as quickly as possible. Some injuries may not manifest symptoms right away or may become worse over time. Getting medical attention can also help record the damages and associate them to the accident.
- Contact the police: Contacting the police and reporting the accident is the second step. The police will respond to the scene near St. Louis, MO and examine the accident. They will also generate a report that details critical information such as the date, time, exact location, weather, road conditions, witnesses, parties involved, injuries, damages, citations issued, etc. This report can be valuable for your legal claim down the line.
- Collect evidence: The next step is to gather evidence from the scene of the accident in St. Louis, MO. This includes capturing pictures or videos of the vehicles involved, the vehicle and/or property damage sustained, the injuries suffered, the skid marks, the debris, the traffic signs or signals, etc. You should gather the names, addresses, phone numbers, driver’s license numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance information of all parties involved in the crash. You should also record the names and contact information of any witnesses who saw what happened in St. Louis, MO. Don’t forget to keep any receipts or bills related to your accident expenses.
- Avoid admitting fault or signing anything without a lawyer: Be sure to refrain from admitting fault or signing anything without a lawyer. After an accident, the other party’s lawyer or insurance company may try to contact you. They may attempt to get you to admit fault in the St. Louis, MO accident, sign a document that releases your right to sue, or accept a lowball offer. You should absolutely avoid doing any of these things without consulting with your own lawyer first. Anything you sign or say can be used against you at a later date and reduce your chances of getting fair compensation.
- Seek legal advice: The last step is to seek legal advice from an experienced auto accident lawyer in St. Louis, MO as soon as possible. A skilled attorney from Halvorsen Klote can help you understand your legal rights and options, analyze your case, gather evidence, present claims, manage insurance companies, negotiate settlements, prove liability and damages, or go to trial. An attorney can also help you prevent common mistakes that can affect your case, like missing deadlines, providing contradictory statements, or accepting an inadequate settlement. Give HK Law a call now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Benefits of Hiring Halvorsen Klote | Auto Accident Attorney St. Louis, MO
Hiring a St. Louis, MO auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote can make a substantial difference in the outcome of your case. The following are examples of the advantages of hiring one of our experienced attorneys:
- No fees unless we win
- Experienced trial lawyers
- Focus on personal injury cases
- Available 24/7
- Real results for our clients
- “Just wow. I never expected the outcome of my case to EXCEED my expectations. This firm knows what they are doing when it comes to personal injury matters. They are easy to get ahold of and are very helpful. Safe to say, I found my firm for life.” - Kala Carpenter
- “Highly recommend! They had exceptional customer satisfaction and did everything possible to help the customer!!” - Tyler Cowan
- “Had a wonderful and very positive experience dealing with everyone at the office. I had no idea what I was walking into and they helped me every step of the way! I would definitely recommend checking with them for your legal worries and you will feel awesome dealing with such a good team!” - Hunter Dale
Halvorsen Klote doesn’t charge any upfront fees for legal representation in St. Louis, MO. We work on a contingency basis, meaning you only pay us a percentage of the settlement or verdict if we win your case. If we don’t win, you do not pay anything.
We have a staff of skilled and knowledgeable trial lawyers who are not afraid to take your case to court if necessary. We have won millions of dollars for our clients near St. Louis, MO and have represented numerous cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, dog bites, slip and fall injuries, nursing home negligence, wrongful death, and more in and around St. Louis, MO.
HK Law focuses exclusively on personal injury cases. We have the knowledge and expertise to handle the challenging legal aspects that emerge in St. Louis, MO auto accident cases. We understand how to deal with insurance companies, establish liability and damages, and seek fair and just compensation for our clients.
At Halvorsen Klote, we pride ourselves on our communication and responsiveness. Our legal team is available 24/7 to answer your questions and address your concerns. During the entire process, we’ll keep you updated and engaged, ensuring that you are comfortable with every decision we make.
Halvorsen Klote has a proven track record of achieving tangible results for our St. Louis, MO clients. Our firm has received glowing feedback and praise from our satisfied customers who have experienced our professionalism, empathy, devotion, and success. The following are some examples of what our clients have said about us:
If you have been injured in an auto accident in St. Louis, MO, you need an auto accident lawyer from Halvorsen Klote fighting in your corner. Contact us today for a free consultation. We will listen to your story, assess your case, and advise you on the best course of action. We’ll vigorously advocate for your rights and future and help you get the compensation you deserve. You can call us at 866-382-4167 or complete our contact form online.
Don’t wait any longer. Get in touch with Halvorsen Klote right now and allow us to assist you with your auto accident case.