Neck Injury Lawyer in St. Louis and Southern Illinois
St. Louis Neck Injury Lawyer
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review | St. Louis Neck Injury Lawyer.
Neck Injury Lawyer St. Louis. If you've suffered a neck injury through no fault of your own, call a St. Louis neck injury lawyer at Halvorsen Klote today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online for a free consultation.
Neck pain is the fourth leading cause of disability in the United States. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 14.3 percent of adults have experienced neck pain or problems in the last 12 months. The neck acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of our body. When we injure our neck, it can cause debilitating and even permanent injuries.
You need a St. Louis neck injury lawyer team and can trust. Halvorsen Klote takes a client-centered approach. We believe in offering expert and dedicated legal representation that's equal to that of large insurance companies and corporations. We defend the rights of the injured and vulnerable in St. Louis and Southern Illinois. You do not owe us anything unless we win.
Common Types of Neck Injuries | St. Louis Neck Injury Lawyer
Neck injuries come in many types and degrees of severity. Below are some of the most common injuries your Halvorsen Klote neck injury lawyer sees in St. Louis.
- Whiplash: Whiplash occurs when there is sudden back and forth movement of the head. It is a general term that refers to damage done to ligaments, joints, discs, vertebrae and/or muscles surrounding the neck, head and back. Whiplash usually heals within a few weeks or months, but 15 to 20 percent of whiplash victims develop chronic pain. Whiplash may also cause fatigue, blurred vision, ear ringing, memory problems and/or sleep interruption.
- Herniated, Bulging, Protruding, Fragmented, or Ruptured Discs: Your discs are the soft jelly-like cushion which absorbs shock between the vertebrae. When they are forces of of place, it can cause nerve damage, chronic pain and other injuries that you can be compensated for.
- Neck Fracture: Blunt force or concussive force trauma may cause the vertebrae in the neck to fracture. Neck fractures are an extremely serious injury and can lead to paralysis, loss of sensation or death.
- Cervical Dislocation: This happens when there is an injury to two or more ligaments in the neck and the adjoining spine bones are separated from each other. An injury of this nature can result in paralysis or death.
- Spinal Cord Injury: Any spinal cord injury can be life-threatening and should be treated by qualified medical professionals immediately. If you think you have injured your spinal cord after an accident, it is best not to move and to wait for emergency medical personnel.
- Neck Sprain: This refers to a ligament strain or muscle strain in the neck affecting the soft tissues.
- Pinched Nerve: When a disc herniates, it can intrude into another area of the neck and may pinch or compress other nerves nearby, causing pain and impacting mobility.
- Burners and Stingers: This is when a shooting or sharp pain shoots down your arm when nerves in the neck are stretched or compressed in an impact.
Common Causes of Neck Injuries | St. Louis Neck Injury Lawyer
Neck injuries are often caused by impacts and blunt force trauma, and are relatively common in personal injury cases. Some of the common causes your Halvorsen Klote neck injury lawyer has seen are:
- Car Accidents. Car accidents happen quickly and often cause the head and neck to jolt suddenly, causing neck injuries. Whiplash injuries are especially common in rear-end collisions.
- Truck Accidents. Because of the force involved in truck accidents, they not only cause the body to jolt suddenly, but they can cause incredible blunt force trauma which can directly injure the neck.
- Bicycle Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents and Pedestrian Accidents. Pedestrians and bikers are far less protected than occupants of enclosed vehicles. While wearing your helmet can save your life and protect your head, your general vulnerability can still lead to neck fractures or disc injuries.
- Public Transportation Accidents, such as Railroad Accidents and Bus or School Bus Accidents. Similar to truck accidents, large vehicles cause a tremendous amount of destruction that can lead to neck injuries.
- Slip and Falls. A slip and fall accident can cause whiplash, or directly damage your neck if you land on a counter or other surface.
- Your St. Louis neck injury lawyer at Halvorsen Klote has also seen neck injuries occur in:
Whatever the cause of your injury, Halvorsen Klote's St. Louis neck injury lawyer team has the experience and knowledge necessary to hold the liable parties accountable and secure the compensation you need to recover for your injuries. Our neck injury lawyer team has dedicated their careers to making sure the injured in St. Louis and Southern Illinois do not have to bear the financial burden of injuries that somebody else caused.
How a St. Louis Neck Injury Lawyer Can Help
Because neck injuries can often cause chronic pain or even permanent disability, it is almost always the best idea to hire a neck injury lawyer for help with your claim. A neck injury lawyer in St. Louis will make sure that you are compensated not just for your emergency room visits or the medical bills you've already paid, but for all of the medical care and treatment you will need in the future. Similarly, you are entitled to compensation for how your injury has affected your ability to earn a living in the future. Our neck injury lawyer team works with our network of St. Louis and Southern Illinois medical and economic experts to precisely value how much compensation you are owed.
We'll also make sure you are compensated for all of your noneconomic damages, such as pain and suffering. If you can no longer play with your kids the same way, no dollar amount can truly reimburse you for that. However, a St. Louis neck injury lawyer will be able to make sure your pain is recognized and make your recovery a little easier.
Besides making sure you are fully compensated for your injuries, a Halvorsen Klote neck injury lawyer will:
- Investigate your claim
- Gather crucial evidence such as police reports, surveillance video, your medical records and expert and eyewitness testimony
- Develop a legal strategy and let you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you and your St. Louis or Southern Illinois family
- Keep you informed throughout your case
- Be available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about your case
- Handle all documentation, litigation and negotiation, so you can focus on healing
- Get you the best possible settlement offer in negotiations
- Take your case to trial when the insurance company does not want to give you a fair settlement offer
At the very least, always talk to a neck injury lawyer in St. Louis before accepting any settlement offer from the insurance company.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your St. Louis neck injury lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Call HK Law Today
St. Louis Neck Injury Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
Every neck injury lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is knowledgeable, experienced and talented. We are driven to help individuals and families in St. Louis and Southern Illinois who have been injured because of somebody else's negligence. We have dedicated our careers to making sure our clients get the best possible financial recovery and that negligent parties are held accountable. You do not have to go through the process of fighting for compensation and arguing with insurance companies alone. Call a St. Louis neck injury lawyer at Halvorsen Klote today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online for a no-cost case review.