St. Louis County, MO Accident Lawyer
If you or your family member has been injured in an accident, learn how Halvorsen Klote can help with a Case Review and Consultation.
St. Louis County, MO Accident Lawyer. Have you or someone you know been hurt due to an accident caused by someone else's inattention, irresponsibility, or other error? When an accident injures you to the point of disability and leaves you with bills, unable to work, and with a plaintiff who disputes his responsibility, hiring a strong lawyer is imperative. Halvorsen Klote is an accomplished injury law firm, equipped to fight for fair results for our clients in the St. Louis County, MO area.
It’s time to take a step forward towards physical and financial recovery from this accident. Halvorsen Klote is here to help you. Take the first step toward getting complete and fair compensation for the damages from your accident by discussing your case with us today. Just contact us now.
What should I do after an accident?
- Make sure you are safe. The very first thing you should do after an accident is to make sure the safety of everyone involved. If your car is in a dangerous position, such as in the middle of traffic, and it is still able to move, get it to a safer location such as the shoulder of the road. If you are unable to move your vehicle safely, make yourself as visible as possible with the use of road flares and/or your vehicle's emergency lights.
- Call 911. Call emergency assistance to the St. Louis County accident right away. Above all else, the goal is to save the lives of anyone in the accident and to reduce the severity of other injuries. In addition to medical first responders, you also want to get police to the scene so they are able to file a police report.
- Gather information. The information you obtain now will be advantageous to you in the future as you move through your case. Once you file your claim, your St. Louis County, MO accident lawyer will use this to make your case. The more information you can provide them, the better off you will be. You should try to get information on:
- The other driver - Make sure that the other party is okay, but take care that you do not admit fault or apologize to them for the accident. You need to record their contact information, their insurance information, and vehicle information.
- Any witnesses - Record witness statements and their personal and contact information yourself if possible. By doing this, you guarantee that valuable witness information does not get left out of your case.
- The accident itself - Record by whatever means are appropriate, such as photos and videos, external factors that could be relevant to your case, such as weather conditions, infrastructure and road conditions, and damage to your vehicle and the road.
- Receive medical attention. Of course, recovery should be your top priority, especially if your injuries are severe or debilitating. By the same token, if you don't believe you have been injured or feel that your injuries are too minor to warrant treatment, you should still be seen by a medical professional. Your St. Louis County, MO accident lawyer can use medical records and documents to make your case.
- Speak to an accident lawyer. The most important thing after tending to your medical needs is to contact an accident lawyer in St. Louis County, MO. You should talk to an experienced St. Louis County, MO accident lawyer about your case as soon as you can. Halvorsen Klote is available to discuss your case for free at (314) 451-1314 or online. Choosing a lawyer for your case is an important decision, and the free case review will help you understand the law firm's experience, capabilities, and how they would be able to help you get the best outcome for your case.
Types and Causes of Accidents
Accidents of all kinds can leave a person injured. Your accident might be a two-vehicle car accident, a semi-truck accident, a pedestrian or bicycle accident, or motorcyle accident. Whatever type of accident it was, you need and deserve the help of a qualified St. Louis County, MO accident lawyer.
Just as there are many possible types of vehicles that can be in an accident, many other variables weigh in on your accident case and make each case unique, including such things as how many vehicles are involved, whether the vehicle was owned or driven commercially, how extreme the damage and injuries were, and many other characteristics.
Driving is a task executed largely by muscle memory rather than conscious actions. While we all know that driving requires us to be alert and aware, few of us actively think about the physical act of pressing down x pounds per square inch of pressure with our right foot while dropping our left arm two inches and lifting our right arm two inches in order to drive on a curved road. The driver errors that most are most often culprits of accidents are:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Running stop signs and stop lights
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
While driver error is the largest contributor to auto accidents, accounting for 94% of all auto accidents, other factors can lead to accidents as well. Weather conditions, road conditions, and vehicle defects can cause accidents that are just as devastating or even more destructive than some of the accidents caused by human error. Your St. Louis County, MO accident lawyer will carefully consider the circumstances of your accident and the parties involved to advise you on what type of case you have and which party or parties are responsible.
How an Accident Lawyer Can Affect My Case
Before you go about choosing the right St. Louis County, MO accident lawyer for you, you must decide whether or not your car accident case needs the help of an accident lawyer. There are some cases, such as accidents that do not result in any injuries or significant vehicle damage, where you might be able to take care of things yourself, without the assistance of an accident attorney. However, if your accident left you with any injuries, caused significant damage to your vehicle, or involved multiple parties, you should always obtain the services of an accident lawyer. In addition, if there is any question as to who is at fault in the accident, the insurance company is low-balling you or otherwise acting in bad faith, or you have any questions about what your damages are worth, you also need to hire an accident lawyer for your case.
Once you have a good St. Louis County, MO accident lawyer on your case, an immense burden will be lifted off your shoulders. They will not only take care of many of the undertakings involved in bringing your case, but will also provide advice and support and advocate for you. Whether your accident case is settled privately or goes through the courts, having a talented accident lawyer protecting your interests will ensure the best possible outcome.
Your St. Louis County, MO accident lawyer has the ability to:
- Deal with the insurance company. Insurance companies are challenging to take on. In many cases, they use tricks and strategies to try to get you to agree to a lower settlement and work to pay out as little as they possibly can. Accident victims who do not use an accident lawyer receive much lower offers from the insurance company than those who have lawyers.
- Determine and prove liability. Your lawyer is experienced in all manners of auto accident cases. They understand how to look at the case and how to present the evidence to show who is responsible for the accident and the damage it caused you.
- Calculate the true value of your case. Only a personal injury attorney has an understanding of the true value of your case. Especially when it comes to variables like the long-term effects of injuries and suffering or certain unquantifiable damages, it is /nearly impossible for someone unfamiliar with injury cases to calculate what your case is worth.
- Negotiate a favorable result for your case. Insurance companies will lowball injury victims, especially when they are without the representation of an accident lawyer. If the other party is uncooperative or refuses to accept responsibility for the accident, your lawyer will make your case and fight for you.
- Stay on top of the legal aspects of your case. Your lawyer and their legal team will stay organized and informed on your case. They will make sure you don't lose your case because of avoidable issues like failing to file it before the statute of limitations runs out and other mistakes throughout the process.
Talk to Your Accident Lawyer | Halverson Klote
The accident lawyers of Halvorsen Klote are prepared to fight for you. This is a difficult time for you and we know you are relying on your accident lawyer to help you win your case. No matter the type of auto accident you've been in, it's crucial to contact your local accident lawyer with the Halvorsen Klote law firm right away. There is no pressure; we don't get paid until we win your case. Our St. Louis County, MO accident lawyers and legal team exist to help accident victims in Missouri and Illinois.