Car Accidents Law Firm St. Louis County, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm St. Louis County, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in St. Louis County, MO. When the negligent parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your injuries, we will be there to fight for you and help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents nationally every year, resulting in three million injuries. 38,680 people died in car crashes in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in the blink of an eye when other St. Louis County, MO residents are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will need lifelong treatment, or the at-fault driver's insurance company does not want to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are owed to aid you while you heal. As a leading car accidents law firm in St. Louis County, MO, we have a reputation for our painstaking preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will keep in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in St. Louis County, MO
Car accidents are complicated and every one has its own unique set of circumstances. The attorneys of our St. Louis County, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients recover damages in a wide range of different auto wrecks. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in St. Louis County, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most devastating and calamitous crashes, and are usually caused by negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in heavy traffic. They can regularly result in whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These happen when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause severe injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These accidents can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these collisions, significant injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often take place in St. Louis County, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not heed their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and veers out of their lane. As these consistently occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause significant destruction and injury.
- Single car accidents. These occur when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and St. Louis County, MO weather conditions often have an effect. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently the result of negligence on the part of another person. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Changing climate settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding causing an accident yourself is to heed the laws and rules of the road in St. Louis County, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless behavior, you need the St. Louis County, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the compensation you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in St. Louis County, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and scary. There are a several things you should do directly after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to not obstruct incoming traffic. If it is more serious, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it appears to be a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical attention if anybody has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal behavior, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information. You will want to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also important to take photographs of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict regulations about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complicated.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the St. Louis County, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Evaluate your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in St. Louis County, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a skilled and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you are awarded the compensation you are entitled to. Too often insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our work ethic, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the St. Louis County, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.