Car Accidents Law Firm St. Louis County, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm St. Louis County, MO. Our attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in St. Louis County, MO. When the at-fault parties do not want to take responsibility for their actions, we will be by your side to fight for you and help you get the financial recovery you need to truly recover. If you or a family member has been affected by a car accident through no fault of your own, reach out to the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The NHTSA estimates that there are between five to six million car accidents in the U.S. annually, which cause three million injuries. 38,680 people died in auto accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less because of COVID-19. While we don't think about it, your life can be upended in an instant when other St. Louis County, MO residents do not obey the rules of the road. Whether your accident led to injuries that resulted in permanent disability, or the negligent driver's insurance company does not want to fairly compensate you, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will secure for you the compensation that you are owed to help you in your recovery. As an experienced and hardworking car accidents law firm in St. Louis County, MO, we are known for our diligent attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will stay in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in St. Louis County, MO
Car accidents are complicated|Every car accident has its own individual set of circumstances. The attorneys of our St. Louis County, MO car accidents law firm know how to collect damages in a variety of different motor vehicle accidents. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in St. Louis County, MO are:
- Head-on Collisions — These can cause severely debilitating injuries, and are usually the result of drunk or reckless driving.
- Rear-end Collisions — These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually occur in condensed traffic. They can regularly cause neck and back injuries.
- T-Bone Collisions — These happen when a car runs into the side of another car. Passengers are often the injury victims in these crashes.
- Pedestrian Collisions — These accidents can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of force a vehicle can apply.
- Low-speed Collisions — While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these collisions, severe injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often happen in St. Louis County, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not heed their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and swerves out of their lane. As these consistently occur at highway speeds, they can cause serious damage and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver is drunk, reckless, otherwise negligent, or because of St. Louis County, MO weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are incredibly dangerous as a vehicle can be hit multiple times, and avoiding them is often next to impossible.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently the result of negligence on the part of another driver. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at a map
- Fiddling with the radio
- Adjusting temperature settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Driving when tired
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid causing an accident yourself is to obey the laws in St. Louis County, MO and be cognizant of your surroundings whenever you're behind the wheel. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless behavior, you need the St. Louis County, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to faithfully and fiercely represent you. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in St. Louis County, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and scary. There are a number of things you should do when involved in an accident and before consulting with a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If the accident is minor, you should get out of the way of incoming traffic. If the accident is catastrophic, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then call emergency services and render aid to anyone you are able to. If it appears to be a more serious injury, leave the victim still as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical attention if somebody has been injured.
- Call the police — Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as drunk driving or reckless driving, the police need to be on the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information — You need to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take pictures of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance — Many insurance companies have strict regulations about how how much time can pass after an accident before you file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more difficult.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the St. Louis County, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Obtain police and accident reports
- Gather evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Take a look at the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
Car Accidents Law Firm in St. Louis County, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident because of someone else's negligent driving, you require a knowledgeable and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you receive the compensation you are owed. Too many times insurance companies want to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our determination, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the St. Louis County, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.