Car Accidents Law Firm St. Louis, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm St. Louis, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are an experienced and knowledgeable car accidents law firm in St. Louis, MO. When the liable parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your damages, we will provide you with expert legal representation and help you get the financial recovery you are owed. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or fill out our online form.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five to six million car accidents in the U.S. annually, which cause 4.8 million serious injuries. there were 38,600 fatalities in car wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, in spite of the fact that Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can be upended in an instant when other St. Louis, MO people do not follow the rules of the road. Whether your accident led to injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the at-fault driver's insurance company does not want to fairly compensate you, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are entitled to to help you while you recuperate. As a leading car accidents law firm in St. Louis, MO, we are known for our diligent preparation, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will always keep you updated as your claim progresses.
Auto Accidents Our St. Louis, MO Car Accident Law Firm Takes On
Car accidents are complex|Each. The attorneys of our St. Louis, MO car accidents law firm know how to investigate and get a financial recovery for many types of car accidents. Some of the most common types of car accidents in St. Louis, MO are:
- Head-on Collisions — These can be the among the most devastating and calamitous wrecks, and usually happen because of someone driving on the wrong side of the road because they were drunk or distracted.
- Rear-end Collisions — These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually take place in heavy traffic. They can frequently cause whiplash.
- T-Bone Collisions — These take place when the front of a vehicle strikes the side of another. Passengers are often the injury victims in these crashes.
- Pedestrian Collisions — These collisions can be particularly dangerous as pedestrians have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of the mass and speed of vehicles.
- Low-speed Collisions — While you might think these lead to only minor injuries, severe injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often take place in St. Louis, MO parking lots, or near schools and other low-speed zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not take in account their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and veers out of their lane. As these consistently happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause serious destruction and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver is drunk, reckless, otherwise negligent, or because of St. Louis, MO weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are incredibly dangerous as a vehicle can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
No matter the cause of an accident, it is often the result of negligence on the part of another motorist. Cases of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Fiddling with the radio
- Changing climate settings
- Being lost in thought
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Driving when tired
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid being the negligent party in an accident is to follow the rules of the road in St. Louis, MO and concentrate on the road ahead whenever you're behind the wheel. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless actions, you need the St. Louis, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight for you and get the recovery you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will ensure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in St. Louis, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and frightening. There are a number of things you should do directly following a car accident and before reaching out to a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If the accident is minor, you should pull over to the side of the road. If the accident is catastrophic, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then call emergency services and render aid to anyone you are able to. If it looks like a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim because they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical care if someone has been injured.
- Call the police — Even for minor accidents, police reports are very useful when proving liability. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as drunk driving or reckless driving, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information — You ought to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also useful to take photographs of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- File an insurance claim — Many insurance companies have strict rules about how how much time can pass after a crash before you file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complicated.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the St. Louis, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Obtain evidence from the scene
- Evaluate your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with car accident experts to hold the negligent driver accountable
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the following links to see more about the services we offer.
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in St. Louis, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident because of someone else's careless behavior, you need a skilled and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you recover the compensation you are owed. Too many times insurance companies try to give you less money than you are owed. Our work ethic, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a just settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the St. Louis, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.