St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Attorneys
St. Louis Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review | St. Louis Injury Lawyers
Injury Lawyers in St. Louis. If you've been injured in an accident that wasn't your fault, call the St. Louis-based injury lawyers of Halvorsen Klote. We help the injured in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois receive fair and full financial compensation in their personal injury claims. Call our St. Louis injury lawyers today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online for a free case review.
You never expect to be injured in an accident, and the financial, emotional and physical hardships an injury carries are often impossible to prepare for. When you're injured because of somebody else's negligence, they owe you a financial recovery and compensation for your pain and suffering. The St. Louis injury lawyers of HK Law fight hard for our clients to help them be made whole again and get them the compensation they need to recover. We give your personalized attention, keep you informed throughout your case and give you all the information you need for you and your family in St. Louis or Southern Illinois. However severe your injuries, our injury lawyers are here to be your legal advocate.
Common Injury Claims | St. Louis Injury Lawyers
Each injury has its own set of unique circumstances, meaning that each injury claim is different. Our St. Louis injury lawyers have seen almost any type of injury and injury claim you can imagine. Below are some of the most common types of accidents your injury lawyers can help you make a personal injury claim for in St. Louis and Southern Illinois.
- Car Accidents, Truck Accidents and Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Product Liability
- Nursing Home Negligence
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, motor vehicle accidents were one of the two leading causes of death in the United States for people age 44 or younger. They were the leading cause of death for people between the ages of 5 and 24.
The National Safety Council estimates that in 2021 there were 46,020 motor vehicle deaths and 5,236,000 "nonfatal medically consulted injuries" due to auto accidents.
Liable parties in an auto accident claim typically include other drivers, but may also include a motor vehicle manufacturer, a trucking company or in rare cases a local St. Louis or Southern Illinois governmental entity.
In 2019, 7,668 pedestrians died in motor vehicle accidents in the United States. Eighty-two percent of deaths occurred in urban environments like St. Louis, Missouri.
Missouri Revised Statute §537.348 says that a landowner or property manager may be held liable for injuries that occur on the property when they were caused by a "dangerous condition" which the proprietor either knew about or "should have known" about and did not try to fix or warn against. Slip and falls are a common premises liability claim.
Dogs can make amazing pets and family members. Often, aggressive dogs are only aggressive because of how they are being raised. According to Missouri Revised Statute §273.036 and 510 ILCS 5/16, a dog owner is "strictly liable" for your dog bite injuries in St. Louis or Southern Illinois as long as you did not provoke the dog.
Product manufacturers have a legal responsibility to safely design, test and manufacture their product. Unsafe defects that are found later need to be recalled. Seventy-five percent of product liability claims result in awards of $1 million or more.
We trust nursing homes to take care of our loved ones in their golden years. But sometimes that trust is betrayed. The Kaiser Family Foundation found that a whopping 68.1 percent of Missouri nursing homes and 86.1 percent in Illinois had "deficiencies," meaning problems that result in negative health outcomes for residents. It is important for nursing home residents and their families to know their rights.
Whatever type of accident you were in, you can be sure HK Law's injury lawyers have seen it before. If you were injured because of somebody else's negligence, call us today at 877-51-HKLAW.
What Compensation Can My Injury Lawyers Help Me Get? | St. Louis Injury Lawyers
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for the accident and the skill of your injury lawyers. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive in St. Louis and Southern Illinois will fall into one of two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. Skilled and experienced injury lawyers will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries or doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or home improvements
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you need to be compensated for that. The St. Louis injury lawyers at HK Law will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your St. Louis injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Why Should I Hire an Injury Lawyer? | St. Louis Injury Lawyers
There are many reasons that is important to hire a lawyer after you’ve been injured by someone else’s negligence. At the very least, always talk to a lawyer before accepting a settlement offer.
- Level the playing field. St. Louis and Southern Illinois insurance adjusters are professionals, and their job is to pay you as little money as possible. They're experts in minimizing claims and using deceitful tactics like trying to blame you for your accident. The average person just doesn't have the experience or knowledge necessary to fight insurance companies and get the great results they deserve. HK Law's injury lawyers have dedicated their careers to giving the injured in St. Louis and Southern Illinois the same level of legal representation that insurance companies and large corporations have.
- Utilize your injury lawyers' resources. HK Law's injury lawyers in St. Louis have access to a network of accident and medical experts who will help us in our investigations and even testify on your behalf. On top of that, we'll make sure you get the full medical treatment you need to recover from your injuries.
- Get to the bottom of your accident. Often, determining liability for an injury is complicated and the responsible party is not immediately clear. Many parties may be involved and it can be hard to know who is at fault. The St. Louis injury lawyers of HK Law have the experience and skill required to fully investigate your case and prove negligence.
- Get full and fair compensation. The more serious your injuries, the more likely it is that your medical treatment will continue after your case, or even for the rest of your life. Our St. Louis injury lawyers will make sure you are compensated for all of your damages, including any lost earning capacity or medical treatment you may need in the future.
How Long Do I Have to File an Injury Claim? | St. Louis Injury Lawyers
Each state sets their own statute of limitations for personal injury claims.
In Missouri, you generally, you have five years from the date the injury occurred, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.120. In Illinois, in personal injury claims, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a claim, according to 735 ILCS 5/13-202.
It's important to note that both states have exceptions for people under the age of 18 or suffered from disability when they were injured. So if the time limit has passed, you should still call St. Louis injury lawyers to discuss the merits of your case and any options you might have to be compensated.
Whatever the nature or severity of your claim, it's best to contact one of our injury lawyers as soon as possible after your accident. Waiting to file your claim could bring complications to your case or prevent you from filing a claim altogether. If you've been hurt through no fault of your own, call the St. Louis injury claims lawyers of Halvorsen Klote today at 877-51-HKLAW.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire Injury Lawyers? | St. Louis Injury Lawyers
You may be nervous about hiring a lawyer to help with your injury claim because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. The great thing about our injury lawyers is, as opposed to criminal defense lawyers or corporate lawyers in St. Louis, we work on a contingency fee basis. That means two things:
- We charge no upfront fees. Instead of getting an hourly amount, we take a percentage of the compensation you are awarded — only after we win or settle your case.
- You owe us nothing if we do not win your case. Injury lawyers only get paid by using our knowledge, expertise and hard work to reach a successful resolution in your case.
Whatever your current financial situation may be, the St. Louis injury lawyers of Halvorsen Klote will take on your case and fight with all of our resources to see you get the great results you deserve.
In addition to personal injury claims, our injury lawyers also take the following cases in St. Louis and Southern Illinois:
Call HK Law Today
St. Louis Injury Lawyers | Halvorsen Klote
The injury lawyers of HK Law have dedicated their careers to making sure the injured in Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois do not have to pay when they are injured through no fault of their own. When you hire our St. Louis injury lawyers, we keep you informed throughout your entire case and are available to answer any questions you have about your case any day, any time. Call HK Law's St. Louis drunk driving accident lawyers today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online for a free case evaluation.