Bike Wreck Lawyer in Town and Country, MO
Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Town and Country, MO Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bike wreck lawyer in Town and Country, MO. Bike wrecks are always unanticipated, and they can be devastating. Whether you're a seasoned Town and Country, MO cyclist or only brush the cobwebs off your bike a few times a year, the aftermath of a bike accidents can include horrible injuries, mounting medical bills and a lot of doubts about your legal rights. If you've been involved in a bike accident, you need a knowledgeable and trustworthy Town and Country, MO bicycle accident lawyer to help you understand the complex injury claims process and get the financial recovery you are owed. At Halvorsen Klote, we believe that everyday people should have access to the same high-quality legal representation that large insurance companies have. We don't win? You don't pay. Based in the Greater St. Louis area, on both sides of the river, we deliver. Speak to an attorney today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a consultation at no cost to you.
Town and Country, MO Bike Wreck Lawyer: The Statistics
As cycling becomes increasingly popular, the number of bicycle accidents has also been on the rise. In fact, pursuant to research from the the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 938 bicyclist fatalities in 2020 alone. Despite the fact that bike riding makes up just one percent of trips in the United States, they result in 2.3 percent of all traffic deaths. In 2019, an estimated 49,000 bicyclists suffered injuries in the U.S.
According to data from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium, there were 381 bicycle accidents in the state in 2021, which resulted in 316 injuries and 7 fatalities. In Illinois in 2020, there were 2,180 bike crashes, 1,995 of which caused injury and 28 of which were fatal, according to the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics.
What to Look for to Find the Best Town and Country, MO Bike Wreck Lawyer
When it comes to finding the right bike wreck lawyer for your case, there are several important factors to consider. When searching for a lawyer for your bike accident, consider:
- Experience — You need a lawyer who's handled your type of case before. They should know the unique legal issues that can arise with your type of injury.
- Reputation — Do your research to find a lawyer with a sterling reputation among their clients and the legal community. Check out testimonials from injury victims they've helped in the past to get a feeling for how they treat their clients and attack cases. Have they ever been officially disciplined, or do they have a reputation for integrity?
- Communication — Choose a lawyer who communicates well with their clients. You want a lawyer who will keep you up-to-date on your case every step of the way.
- Fees — Find out how the attorney charges for their services. Some attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning they only get paid if you win your case. Others may charge an hourly fee or a flat rate. A bike wreck lawyer's fee structure will impact how much money you get at the end of the day.
- Location — Consider where they typically practice law. You want an attorney who is familiar with the local laws and court system.
Why You Need to Hire a Bike Wreck Lawyer in Town and Country, MO
Bike accidents are often caused by drivers who break the rules of the road. If you have been involved in a bike accident, it is important to hire a bike wreck lawyer to protect your rights. Our team of talented Town and Country, MO bike wreck lawyers has has secured great financial recoveries for clients in all kinds of bike accident cases. We have the knowledge and resources to carry out an exhaustive investigation into your accident to come up with a successful legal strategy.
Insurance companies mislead injury victims and will do anything possible to avoid having to pay you the money are are owed. Injury victims who have not had to deal with the claims process before need an experienced attorney by their side to make the process simple and fair. At Holversen Klote, your Town and Country, MO bike accident lawyer won't let the insurance adjuster get away with their lies. We'll guide you through the personal injury process and deliver just compensation.
How Our Town and Country, MO Bike Wreck Lawyers Can Help You
If you were harmed in a bike crash because someone else broke the rules, our team of bike wreck lawyers in Town and Country, MO offer:
- Free Case Evaluation — As most people have never had to deal with the personal injury process before, it's natural to have a lot of questions. You don't need to spend money just to understand whether you have a valid claim or not. We'll review your case with you, review your options and answer any questions you may have so you have peace of mind moving forward.
- Investigation — Once you decide to hire us, we will conduct a full investigation into the circumstances of your accident, including gathering evidence and interviewing people who witnessed the accident. This will allow us to develop a sound legal strategy, and fight back against any misleading statements from the insurance adjuster. We'll also fully calculate your damages to accurately ascertain the monetary value of your personal injury claim.
- Communication — We will communicate with insurance adjusters and other relevant parties, including your healthcare providers, to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve. We'll also keep an open line of communication with you. Our Town and Country, MO firm is client-centered, and we want you to know that we'll have your back throughout the duration of your case.
- Negotiation — We will handle all the negotiations with the other party's insurance company to secure a fair financial recovery for your economic and non-economic damages. Sometimes this is fairly quick, while other times we'll need to use alternative dispute resolution strategies like mediation if the insurance company won't be fair. If they still refuse to give you what you're owed, we will file a lawsuit and take your case in front of a judge and jury to ensure you get every penny you are entitled to.
- Compensation — We will work to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries and other damages, including medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
At Halvorsen Klote, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of legal representation to our Town and Country, MO clients. We have a proven track record of winning bike accident cases and are devoted to helping our clients be fully compensated for their injuries.
What Causes Bike Wrecks in Town and Country, MO?
Bicycle wrecks can be the result of a variety of factors, such as:
- Negligent Drivers — human error is a contributing factor in the vast majority of auto accidents. Those errors can include:
- Road conditions — Poor road conditions liked potholes, trash, broken pavement or poor road planning can cause cyclists to crash.
- Mechanical failures — Bike wrecks can also be caused by mechanical malfunctions, like brake failure, tire blowouts or issues with other equipment. Cars are also susceptible to mechanical malfunctions, for example with brakes or steering, that cause bike wrecks.
- Weather — Adverse weather conditions such as rain, snow, or ice can make roads slippery and increase the risk of bicycle accidents.
- Lack of visibility — Bicycles may be difficult to see, particularly in the dark, and that can make it harder for motorists to see bikes.
- Lack of Bicycle Infrastructure — Not having specific bicycle infrastructure such as bike lanes or protected bike paths can make cycling on the road more dangerous and increase the probability of crashes.
Who Is Liable for My Bike Wreck Injuries?
Liability for your bike accident – meaning who we can hold accountable for your injuries – depends on the specifics of your case and what caused and contributed to your crash. Depending on circumstances of your bike wreck in Town and Country, MO, we may be able to hold the following parties accountable:
- A negligent driver
- Another bicyclist or pedestrian who caused the accident
- A construction company or government entity responsible for planning, building, fixing or maintaining a road
- A bicycle manufacturer or car manufacturer, distributor or seller in a product liability lawsuit
- A mechanic who did a careless job repairing your bicycle or a different vehicle that caused that crash, causing it to fail
One of the best reasons to hire a talented Town and Country, MO bike wreck lawyer is that they'll look into every aspect of your case. If someone contributed to your injuries, our investigation will reveal it and we will hold them accountable for their actions.
What to Do After Being Injured in a Bicycle Accident
A bicycle wreck is a stressful and surprising event. However, by keeping a level head and taking appropriate steps, you can do wonders for your physical well-being as well as your financial recovery. If you’ve been injured in a bike crash in Town and Country, MO, there are several steps you should take:
- Get Medical Attention — If you are injured in a bicycle accident, get medical treatment as soon as you can. Even if your injuries don't seem severe, it's important to get checked out by a medical professional in the following days to ensure that there are no underlying injuries. To file an injury claim, you need documentation of your injuries. Additionally, the costlier your medical expenses, the higher your final compensation will be.
- Report the Accident — Call the police to the accident site. This will create an official record of the accident, which will be useful later when you file your claim. Police are taught how to determine fault in crashes, and will mention how the other driver caused your accident. If you didn't call police to the scene of the accident, you need to go to a local police station as soon as you can to file your report.
- Gather Evidence — Take pictures of the crash, including any damage to your bike, injuries and the area around where the accident occurred. Write down details about what happened, including the date and time, location and any other relevant information.
- Gather Information — Collect the names and contact information of anyone who saw your wreck, in addition to the driver's name, contact information and insurance information. The witnesses will be able to corroborate your story when they give their depositions.
- Contact a Bike Wreck Lawyer — If a negligent driver injures you, don't hesitate to reach out to a personal injury lawyer. A skilled lawyer can help you navigate the claims process and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries. We'll take full control of your claim and negotiations so you can spend your energy on healing.
After consulting with an attorney:
- Continue all medical treatments that your doctor, physical therapist and/or chiropractor recommends. This will ensure your physical recovery, and also leave clear documentation of the full scope of your injuries.
- Keep a daily journal of how you're feeling and how your injuries have impacted your life. This will be strong evidence for your non-economic damages.
- Don't post on social media – even a seemingly innocent post may make the insurance company think you aren't actually injured.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance company before having your case evaluated by a lawyer.
Frequently Asked Questions About Town and Country, MO Bike Wreck Lawyers
If you're looking for a bike wreck lawyer in Town and Country, MO, you probably have some questions. Below are some frequently asked questions about personal injury claims:
- Is a bike wreck lawyer necessary?
While you you have no legal obligation to hire a lawyer after a bike accident, it is highly recommended, particularly if the crash resulted in more severe injuries that require ongoing treatment. A bike wreck lawyer can help you navigate the complex legal system, negotiate with insurance companies and ensure that your rights are protected.
- How much does a bike wreck lawyer cost?
Halvorsen Klote works on a contingency fee basis. Meaning, rather than a fixed rate, we charge a portion of your financial recovery as our attorneys' fees, but only after you've been paid. With a contingency fee arrangement, you do not need to be rich to get the first-rate legal representation you deserve.
- How long will my case take to resolve?
How long it takes to get you compensation for your bike accident case can vary depending on the circumstances of the case. Sometimes, we can close the case within a month or two, while other cases may require many more months or even years before the insurance company agrees to pay you what is fair.
- What if the other driver doesn't have insurance?
If the other party involved in your bike accident does not have insurance, it can make it more difficult to recover compensation. However, a bike wreck lawyer can help you explore other options for getting the compensation you are entitled to. You can make a claim through your own insurance, or your Town and Country, MO bike wreck lawyer may be able to find other liable parties.
- What if I was partially at fault for the accident?
Even if you bear some responsibility for the crash, you are mot prohibited from receiving compensation. However, the amount of compensation you are entitled to may be reduced based on how much blame you share. For example, if your damages were $100,000 but you were 15% to blame, you would receive $85,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.765, injury victims in Missouri can still recover compensation even if they are 99% to blame (you would receive 1% of your damages. But, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116, you cannot receive compensation if you share more than 50% of the blame (if the accident is mostly your fault).
Speak to a Bike Wreck Lawyer in Town and Country, MO Today | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we have a reputation for excellence in representing victims of bike accidents in Town and Country, MO. Our attorneys are skilled negotiators and litigators who are not afraid to take your case to trial if necessary. We have demonstrated history of winning claims for the injured, and we are committed to providing the highest level of legal representation to every client we serve. Speak to an attorney today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.