Bourbon, MO, Accident Attorneys
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation.
Accident Attorneys in Bourbon, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a severe injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or an individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Bourbon, MO, Accident Attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident. You deserve a legal team that will help you through an accident. Halvorsen Klote has won millions in case victories and plans to do the same for you.
If you're injured in a car or truck accident, by medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were hurt at work or by a product, our Bourbon, MO, accident attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages we'll discuss later on. Contact our now for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
Common Accident Claims
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have settled countless claims for victims in the Bourbon, MO, region. Below are a few of the most common types of accident cases our firm comes up against:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicle-related crashes account for around 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents include semi trucks, speeding, distracted drivers, drugs and alcohol, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods. Halvorsen Kote's Bourbon, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. There's just no way to tell. Our injury attorneys in Bourbon, MO, are here to help no matter what your accident is. We are here to win. The Bourbon, MO, accident attorneys at HK Law are here to help victims.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Case?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Bourbon, MO, accidents attorneys look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused physical, mental, and financial harm. The two main types of compensation an accident attorney in Bourbon, MO, provide includes:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include lost wages, medical expenses, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Bourbon, MO, injury attorneys will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
Different states have different rules about what damages are considered viable for compensation. Your Bourbon, MO, accident lawyers will calculate these damages and make sure survivors get the compensation they deserve. You also need to consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The rule of thumb is that you should file a case within one year, often much sooner, due to evidence (especially medical). Contact one of our accident attorneys in Bourbon, MO, now for more info about settling a claim or opening a case.
Halvorsen Klote offers a range of legal services to victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. Give us a call if you're in need of legal representation. Other case-types we have fought for include the following:
Most tragedies validate at least looking into a lawyer for representation. A qualified accident attorney will help you gather the material you need to negotiate with insurance agencies, file thorough medical records, get witness testimonies, and provide other services. It's important to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning accident claims and hiring a lawyer.
Who is Liable to Pay for Damages?
Who is liable or at fault depends on where the accident happened, any liability coverage, and other factors. For instance, if you are in a truck accident you may be able to sue the driver for negligence, the trucking company, or even a construction company if there were roadside hazards. It's essential to contact an experienced Bourbon, MO, injury lawyer that will assess the claim and make sure all damages are recovered.
The accident attorneys at Halvorsen Klote understand how frustrating it can be for victims and their families. We'll do everything we can to make sure you're compensated in full.
Tips for Hiring an Accident Attorney in Bourbon, MO
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- Is this a case-type you're interested in?
- Do I need medical or police records?
- Where can I find your testimonials or reviews?
The experienced Bourbon, MO, accident attorneys at Halvorsen Klote will work with you. Contact a member of our team today.
Common Injury Types
While every accident is unique, our lawyers have found that many of the Bourbon, MO accident victims who work with us have suffered similar personal ailments. Below are a few examples:
- Broken bones: these can range from small breaks on fingers or toes that serve more as a distraction than anything, to painful compound fractures that result in extended rehab and physical therapy.
- Whiplash: this is an ailment that most often occurs in car accidents, and is defined as when a sudden force or change in direction forces muscles and soft tissue to move faster than they would in real life.
- Cuts and scrapes: while many people consider these minor injuries, these can present the risk of infection if not adequately cared for.
- Traumatic brain injuries: the speed and violent impact of car accidents or falls often results in concussions or other head injuries. If not treated properly, TBIs can lower brain function and potentially cause problems sleeping and constant headaches. Many people who have been in accidents ignore the possibility that they might have suffered a TBI, and thus put off treatment until it is too late.
- Internal bleeding: this most commonly happens in more serious accidents, like falls from high platforms or high-speed car accidents. The forces from these accidents can cause damage to your organs, and without urgent treatment, these injuries can be life-threatening.
Contact our accident attorneys in Bourbon, MO, now for help. You may be able to receive special or general damages for your injury.
Reach Out To an Accident Lawyer in Bourbon, MO
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote now for a consultation. You can call us at 1-877-51-HKLAW (877-514-5529) for a case review and consultation. Our Bourbon, MO, accident attorneys manage a number of other cases as well, including:
Our attorneys would be happy to discuss your case. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our case results here.
Get the Help You Need Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and others. Talk to an experienced Bourbon, MO, Accident Attorney today for a free consultation.