Town and Country, MO Accident Lawyer
If you or your family member has been injured in an accident, learn how Halvorsen Klote can help with a Case Review and Consultation.
Town and Country, MO Accident Lawyer. Have you or someone you know been hurt due to an accident caused by someone else's inattention, irresponsibility, or other error? If the accident resulted in injury, you need the services of a hard-working, compassionate, skillful accident lawyer to take on your case. Halvorsen Klote is an accomplished injury law firm, equipped to fight for fair results for our clients in the Town and Country, MO area.
Are you ready to move your personal injury or car accident case in the right direction? Halvorsen Klote is ready to take on your case. In order to make the most of this situation and to get the just compensation you deserve for the injuries and other damages you have sustained, discuss your case with us today. Just contact us now.
What should I do after an accident?
- Make sure you are safe. Your first priority should always be to make sure the safety of everyone involved. If your car is in a dangerous location, such as in the middle of traffic, and it is still able to move, get it to a safer location such as the shoulder of the road. If you are unable to move your vehicle safely, use what you can, like road flares and emergency lights, to make yourself visible to oncoming traffic.
- Call 911. Call emergency assistance to the Town and Country accident right away. The most critical task is preserving the lives of everyone involved in the accident and minimizing other injuries. In addition to medical first responders, make sure that police are called to the accident so they are able to file a police report.
- Gather information. The information you obtain now will be advantageous to you in the future as you move through your case. Once you file your claim, your Town and Country, MO accident lawyer will use this to make your case. The more information you can provide them, the better off you will be. You should try to get information on:
- The other driver - Make sure that the other party is okay, but be careful no to admit fault or apologize to them for the accident. Ask them for their contact information, their insurance information, and vehicle information.
- Any witnesses - Record witness statements and their personal and contact information yourself if possible. This ensures that valuable witness information does not get left out of your case.
- The accident itself - Make note of and take pictures and video of anything that may be important to your case, such as weather conditions, infrastructure and road conditions, and damage to your vehicle and the road.
- Receive medical attention. Of course, recovery should be your top priority, especially if your injuries are severe or debilitating. By the same token, if you are convinced that your injuries are too minor to necessitate medical attention or that you may not have any injuries at all, you should still be seen by a medical professional. Your Town and Country, MO accident lawyer can use medical records and documents to support your case.
- Speak to an accident lawyer. After addressing your most pressing safety needs following an accident, contact an accident lawyer in Town and Country, MO. You should talk to an experienced Town and Country, MO accident lawyer about your case as soon as you can. Halvorsen Klote is available to discuss your case for free at (314) 451-1314 or online. Choosing a lawyer for your case is an important decision, and the free case review will help you understand the law firm's experience, capabilities, and how they would be able to help you get the best outcome for your case.
Types and Causes of Accidents
There are all sorts of accidents that can potentially lead to injuries. Your accident might be a two-vehicle car accident, a semi-truck accident, a pedestrian or bicycle accident, or motorcyle accident. Whatever type of accident it was, you need and deserve the help of a qualified Town and Country, MO accident lawyer.
Just as there are many possible types of vehicles that can be in an accident, there are many additional factors that complicate your accident case and make each case unique, such as how many vehicles are involved, who owns and was operating the vehicles involved, the severity of injuries, and many other characteristics.
Once we have learned to drive, driving becomes a primarily subconscious task. Of course we realize that we must be alert and aware while driving, but few of us contemplate the physical act of pressing down x pounds per square inch of pressure with our right foot while dropping our left arm two inches and lifting our right arm two inches in order to drive on a curved road. Some of the most common driver errors that lead to accidents are:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Running stop signs and stop lights
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
While driver error is the largest contributor to auto accidents, accounting for 94% of all auto accidents, there are other causes to consider as well. Weather conditions, road conditions, and vehicle defects can cause accidents that are just as devastating or even more destructive than some of the accidents caused by human error. Your Town and Country, MO accident lawyer will evaluate the facts of your accident and the parties involved to advise you on what type of case you have and which party or parties are responsible.
How an Accident Lawyer Can Affect My Case
Before you go about choosing the right Town and Country, MO accident lawyer for you, you must decide if you would benefit from having an accident lawyer on your case. There are some cases, such as accidents that do not result in any injuries or significant vehicle damage, where you might be able to take care of things yourself, without the assistance of an accident attorney. However, if your accident left you with any injuries, caused significant damage to your vehicle, or involved multiple parties, you should always obtain the services of an accident lawyer. You should also always hire an accident lawyer if there is disagreement about who is at fault for the accident, the insurance company is not being cooperative or acts in bad faith, or if you have any questions about your case or the value of your damages.
Having the right Town and Country, MO accident lawyer in charge of your case is a huge weight off your shoulders. They will not only take care of many of the undertakings involved in bringing your case, but will also provide advice and support and advocate for you. Whether your accident case is settled privately or goes through the courts, having a talented accident lawyer protecting your interests will ensure the best possible outcome.
Your Town and Country, MO accident lawyer has the ability to:
- Deal with the insurance company. Insurance companies employ many tricky tactics to avoid paying out any more than they have to. It can be difficult to successfully negotiate with them unless you are familiar with their ploys. Accident victims who don’t have an accident lawyer representing them consistently get less money from the insurance company than those who have lawyers.
- Determine and prove liability. Your lawyer is experienced in all manners of auto accident cases. They understand how to look at the case and how to present the evidence to express who is responsible for the accident and the damage it caused you.
- Calculate the true value of your case. An attorney is much better equipped to calculate the true value of your case than you are. Especially with complicated factors like unquantifiable damages and long-term injuries or effects of injuries, it is /difficult for someone unfamiliar with injury cases to calculate what your case is worth.
- Negotiate a favorable result for your case. Insurance companies will lowball injury victims, especially when they are without the representation of an accident lawyer. If the other party is refusing to accept responsibility for the accident, your lawyer will make your case and fight for you.
- Stay on top of the legal aspects of your case. Your lawyer and their legal team will stay organized and informed on your case. They will make sure you don't lose your case because of avoidable issues like failing to file it before the statute of limitations runs out and other mistakes throughout the process.
Talk to Your Accident Lawyer | Halverson Klote
The accident lawyers of Halvorsen Klote are prepared to fight for you. We understand how difficult this time is for you and how much you are relying on your accident lawyer to help you win your case. No matter the type of auto accident you've been in, it's crucial to contact your local accident lawyer with the Halvorsen Klote law firm right away. There is no pressure; we don't get paid until we win your case. Our Town and Country, MO accident lawyers and legal team are here to win cases for accident victims in Missouri and Illinois.