Wentzville, MO Accident Lawyer
If you or your family member has been injured in an accident, learn how Halvorsen Klote can help with a Case Review and Consultation.
Wentzville, MO Accident Lawyer. Have you or someone you know been hurt due to an accident caused by someone else's inattention, irresponsibility, or other error? When an accident injures you to the point of disability and leaves you with bills, unable to work, and with a plaintiff who disputes his responsibility, hiring a strong lawyer is imperative. Halvorsen Klote is a law firm you can rely on and trust. We understand your situation and are prepared to fight for accident victims like you in Wentzville, MO.
It’s time to take a step forward towards physical and financial recovery from this accident. Halvorsen Klote is ready to take on your case. Take the first step toward getting complete and fair compensation for the damages from your accident by discussing your case with us today. Just contact us now.
What should I do after an accident?
- Make sure you are safe. The very first thing you should do after an accident is to ensure the safety of everyone involved. If your car is in a dangerous location, such as in the middle of traffic, and it is still able to move, get it to a safer location such as the shoulder of the road. If you are unable to move your vehicle safely, make yourself as visible as possible with the use of road flares and/or your vehicle's emergency lights.
- Call 911. Call emergency assistance to the Wentzville accident right away. Above all else, the goal is preserving the lives of everyone involved in the accident and minimizing other injuries. In addition to medical first responders, make sure that police are called to the accident so they are able to file a police report.
- Gather information. The information you obtain now will be advantageous to you in the future as you move through your case. Once you file your claim, your Wentzville, MO accident lawyer will use this to make your case. The more information you can provide them, the better off you will be. You should try to get information on:
- The other driver - Check to make sure that the other party is okay, but be careful no to admit fault or apologize to them for the accident. Ask them for their contact information, their insurance information, and vehicle information.
- Any witnesses - Record witness statements and their personal and contact information yourself if possible. By doing this, you guarantee that valuable witness information does not get left out of your case.
- The accident itself - Make note of and take pictures and video of anything that could be important to your case, such as weather conditions, infrastructure and road conditions, and damage to your vehicle and the road.
- Receive medical attention. Of course, recovery should be your top priority, especially if your injuries are severe or debilitating. However, even if you don't believe you have been injured or feel that your injuries are too minor to warrant treatment, you should still be seen by a medical professional. Your Wentzville, MO accident lawyer can use medical records and documents to support your case.
- Speak to an accident lawyer. After addressing your most pressing safety needs following an accident, contact an accident lawyer in Wentzville, MO. You should talk to an experienced Wentzville, MO accident lawyer about your case as soon as you can. Halvorsen Klote is available to discuss your case for free at (314) 451-1314 or online. We provide a complimentary case review to help you make the critical decision of hiring a lawyer. Meeting together will allow you to understand our qualifications, experience, and the skills we would bring to your case.
Types and Causes of Accidents
There are all sorts of accidents that can potentially lead to injuries. No matter what kind of accident you've been in, whether it is a two-vehicle car accident, a semi-truck accident, a pedestrian or bicycle accident, or motorcyle accident, you may have an accident case and need and deserve the help of a qualified Wentzville, MO accident lawyer.
Just as there are many possible types of vehicles that can be in an accident, many other variables weigh in on your accident case and make each case unique, including such things as how many vehicles are involved, whether the vehicle was owned or driven commercially, the severity of injuries, and many other characteristics.
Driving is a task executed largely by muscle memory rather than conscious actions. While we all know that driving requires us to be alert and aware, few of us contemplate the physical act of pressing down x pounds per square inch of pressure with our right foot while dropping our left arm two inches and lifting our right arm two inches in order to drive on a curved road. Some of the most common driver errors that lead to accidents are:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Running stop signs and stop lights
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
Driver error is the leading cause of vehicular accidents. In fact, driver error causes 94% of all auto accidents. However, other factors can lead to accidents as well. Weather conditions, road conditions, and vehicle defects can cause accidents that are just as devastating or even more destructive than some of the accidents caused by human error. Your Wentzville, MO accident lawyer will carefully consider the facts of your accident and the parties involved to advise you on what type of case you have and which party or parties are responsible.
How an Accident Lawyer Can Affect My Case
Before you go about choosing the right Wentzville, MO accident lawyer for you, you must decide if you would benefit from having an accident lawyer on your case. There are some cases, such as accidents that do not result in any injuries or significant vehicle damage, where you might be able to take care of things on your own, without the assistance of an accident attorney. However, you absolutely need an accident lawyer if the accident caused you or your passengers any injuries, caused major property damage, or included multiple parties. You should also always hire an accident lawyer if there is disagreement about who is at fault for the accident, the insurance company is not being cooperative or acts in bad faith, or if you have any questions about your case or the value of your damages.
Having the right Wentzville, MO accident lawyer in charge of your case is a huge weight off your shoulders. They will not only take care of many of the undertakings involved in bringing your case, but will also provide advice and support and advocate for you. Whether your accident case is settled privately or goes through the courts, having a talented accident lawyer protecting your interests will ensure the best possible result.
Your Wentzville, MO accident lawyer has the ability to:
- Deal with the insurance company. Insurance companies are challenging to take on. In many cases, they use tricks and strategies to try to get you to agree to a lower settlement and work to pay out as little as they possibly can. Accident victims who do not use an accident lawyer receive much lower offers from the insurance company than those who have lawyers.
- Determine and prove liability. Your lawyer is experienced in all manners of auto accident cases. They know how to look at the case and what evidence to use to show who is responsible for the accident and the damage it caused you.
- Calculate the true value of your case. An attorney is much better equipped to calculate the true value of your case than you are. Especially when it comes to variables like the long-term effects of injuries and suffering or certain unquantifiable damages, it is /difficult for someone unfamiliar with injury cases to calculate what your case is worth.
- Negotiate a favorable result for your case. Insurance companies will lowball injury victims, especially if they are self-represented and do not have the help of an accident lawyer. If the other party is uncooperative or refuses to accept responsibility for the accident, your lawyer will present your evidence and negotiate for you.
- Stay on top of the legal aspects of your case. Your lawyer and their legal team will stay organized and informed on your case. They will make sure you don't lose your case because of avoidable issues like failing to file it before the statute of limitations runs out and other mistakes throughout the process.
Talk to Your Accident Lawyer | Halverson Klote
The Halvorsen Klote law firm is equipped and willing to fight for you. This is a difficult time for you and we know you are relying on your accident lawyer to help you win your case. No matter the type of auto accident you've been in, it's crucial to contact your local accident lawyer with the Halvorsen Klote law firm right away. There is no pressure; we don't get paid until we win your case. Our Wentzville, MO accident lawyers and legal team exist to help accident victims in Missouri and Illinois.