High Ridge, MO Accident Lawyer
If you or your family member has been injured in an accident, learn how Halvorsen Klote can help with a Case Review and Consultation.
High Ridge, MO Accident Lawyer. Have you or someone you know been hurt due to an accident caused by someone else's inattention, irresponsibility, or other error? When an accident injures you to the point of disability and leaves you with bills, unable to work, and with a plaintiff who disputes his responsibility, hiring a strong lawyer is imperative. Halvorsen Klote is a law firm you can rely on and trust. We understand your situation and are prepared to fight for accident victims like you in High Ridge, MO.
It’s time to take a step forward towards physical and financial recovery from this accident. Halvorsen Klote is here to help you. In order to make the most of this situation and to get the just compensation you deserve for the injuries and other damages you have sustained, discuss your case with us today. Just contact us now.
What should I do after an accident?
- Make sure you are safe. Your first priority should always be to ensure that you and your passengers are okay. If your car is in a dangerous location, such as in the middle of traffic, and it is still able to move, move it to safety, such as the shoulder of the road. If that is not an option, use what you can, like road flares and emergency lights, to make yourself visible to oncoming traffic.
- Call 911. Call emergency assistance to the High Ridge accident right away. Above all else, the goal is to save the lives of anyone in the accident and to reduce the severity of other injuries. In addition to medical first responders, you also want to get police to the scene so they are able to file a police report.
- Gather information. It will serve you well later on when you are filing your case to gather as much information as you can. Once you file your claim, your High Ridge, MO accident lawyer will use this to make your case. The more information you can provide them, the better off you will be. You should try to get information on:
- The other driver - Make sure that the other party is okay, but be careful no to admit fault or apologize to them for the accident. You need to record their contact information, their insurance information, and vehicle information.
- Any witnesses - Record witness statements and their personal and contact information yourself if possible. By doing this, you guarantee that valuable witness information does not get left out of your case.
- The accident itself - Record by whatever means are appropriate, such as photos and videos, external factors that could be important to your case, such as weather conditions, infrastructure and road conditions, and damage to your vehicle and the road.
- Receive medical attention. Of course, if the injuries from your accident are severe, medical care is the first and only priority until you are safe and able to recover. However, even if you don't believe you have been injured or feel that your injuries are too minor to warrant treatment, you should still be seen by a medical professional. Your High Ridge, MO accident lawyer can use medical records and documents to make your case.
- Speak to an accident lawyer. After addressing your most pressing safety needs following an accident, talk to an accident lawyer in High Ridge, MO. You should talk to an experienced High Ridge, MO accident lawyer about your case as soon as you can. Halvorsen Klote is available to discuss your case for free at (314) 451-1314 or online. Choosing a lawyer for your case is an important decision, and the free case review will help you understand the law firm's experience, capabilities, and how they would be able to help you get the best outcome for your case.
Types and Causes of Accidents
Accidents of all kinds can leave a person injured. Your accident might be a two-vehicle car accident, a semi-truck accident, a pedestrian or bicycle accident, or motorcyle accident. Whatever type of accident it was, you need and deserve the help of a qualified High Ridge, MO accident lawyer.
In addition to the type of vehicles that are involved in the accident, many other variables weigh in on your accident case and make each case unique, including such things as how many vehicles are involved, whether the vehicle was owned or driven commercially, the severity of injuries, and many other characteristics.
Once we have learned to drive, driving becomes a primarily subconscious task. While we all know that driving requires us to be alert and aware, few of us actively think about the physical act of pressing down x pounds per square inch of pressure with our right foot while dropping our left arm two inches and lifting our right arm two inches in order to drive on a curved road. The driver errors that most are most often culprits of accidents are:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Running stop signs and stop lights
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
Driver error is the leading cause of vehicular accidents. In fact, driver error causes 94% of all auto accidents. However, there are other causes to consider as well. Weather conditions, road conditions, and vehicle defects can cause accidents that are just as devastating or even more destructive than some of the accidents caused by human error. Your High Ridge, MO accident lawyer will carefully consider the facts of your accident and the parties involved to determine what type of case you have and which party or parties are responsible.
How an Accident Lawyer Can Affect My Case
Before you are able to make the important decision of hiring the right High Ridge, MO accident lawyer for you, you must decide if you would benefit from having an accident lawyer on your case. There are some cases, such as accidents that do not result in any injuries or significant vehicle damage, where you might be able to take care of things on your own, without the assistance of an accident attorney. However, you absolutely need an accident lawyer if the accident caused you or your passengers any injuries, caused major property damage, or included multiple parties. You should also always hire an accident lawyer if there is disagreement about who is at fault for the accident, the insurance company is not being cooperative or acts in bad faith, or if you have any questions about your case or the value of your damages.
Having the right High Ridge, MO accident lawyer in charge of your case is a huge weight off your shoulders. They will be there for guidance, reassurance, and support, and will take care of the tedious tasks necessary in bringing your case. Whether your accident case is settled privately or goes through the courts, having a talented accident lawyer protecting your interests will ensure the best possible outcome.
Your High Ridge, MO accident lawyer has the ability to:
- Deal with the insurance company. Insurance companies are challenging to take on. In many cases, they use tricks and strategies to try to get you to agree to a lower settlement and work to pay out as little as they possibly can. Accident victims who do not use an accident lawyer consistently get less money from the insurance company than those who have lawyers.
- Determine and prove liability. Your lawyer has worked with numerous auto accident cases. They know how to look at the case and how to present the evidence to express who is responsible for the accident and the damage it caused you.
- Calculate the true value of your case. Only a personal injury attorney has an understanding of the true value of your case. Especially with complicated factors like unquantifiable damages and long-term injuries or effects of injuries, it is /difficult for a layperson to calculate what your case is worth.
- Negotiate a favorable result for your case. Insurance companies will lowball injury victims, especially when they are without the representation of an accident lawyer. If the other party is uncooperative or refuses to accept responsibility for the accident, your lawyer will present your evidence and negotiate for you.
- Stay on top of the legal aspects of your case. Your lawyer and their legal team will stay organized and informed on your case. They will make sure you don't lose your case because of avoidable issues like failing to file it before the statute of limitations runs out and other mistakes throughout the process.
Talk to Your Accident Lawyer | Halverson Klote
The accident lawyers of Halvorsen Klote are prepared to fight for you. This is a difficult time for you and we know you are relying on your accident lawyer to help you win your case. No matter the type of auto accident you've been in, it's crucial to contact your local accident lawyer with the Halvorsen Klote law firm right away. You have nothing to lose, because we don't get paid until we win your case. Our High Ridge, MO accident lawyers and legal team are here to win cases for accident victims in Missouri and Illinois.