Cottleville, MO Accident Lawyer
If you or your family member has been injured in an accident, learn how Halvorsen Klote can help with a Case Review and Consultation.
Cottleville, MO Accident Lawyer. Have you or someone you know been hurt due to an accident caused by someone else's inattention, irresponsibility, or other error? If the accident resulted in injury, you need the services of a hard-working, compassionate, skillful accident lawyer to take on your case. Halvorsen Klote is a law firm you can rely on and trust. We understand your situation and are prepared to fight for accident victims like you in Cottleville, MO.
Are you ready to move your personal injury or car accident case in the right direction? Halvorsen Klote is ready to take on your case. In order to make the most of this situation and to get the just compensation you deserve for the injuries and other damages you have sustained, discuss your case with us today. Just contact us now.
What should I do after an accident?
- Make sure you are safe. The very first thing you should do after an accident is to ensure the safety of everyone involved. If your car is in an unsafe location, such as in the middle of traffic, and it is still able to move, get it to a safer location such as the shoulder of the road. If you are unable to move your vehicle safely, use what you can, like road flares and emergency lights, to make yourself visible to oncoming traffic.
- Call 911. Call emergency assistance to the Cottleville accident right away. Above all else, the goal is to save the lives of anyone in the accident and to reduce the severity of other injuries. In addition to medical first responders, make sure that police are called to the accident so they are able to file a police report.
- Gather information. The information you obtain now will be advantageous to you in the future as you move through your case. Your Cottleville, MO accident lawyer will use all the information you can get to prove your case. The more information you can provide them, the better off you will be. You should try to get information on:
- The other driver - Check to make sure that the other party is okay, but take care that you do not admit fault or apologize to them for the accident. You need to record their contact information, their insurance information, and vehicle information.
- Any witnesses - Record witness statements and their personal and contact information yourself if possible. By doing this, you guarantee that valuable witness information does not get left out of your case.
- The accident itself - Make note of and take pictures and video of anything that may be relevant to your case, such as weather conditions, infrastructure and road conditions, and damage to your vehicle and the road.
- Receive medical attention. Of course, if the injuries from your accident are severe, medical care is the first and only priority until you are safe and able to recover. By the same token, if you don't believe you have been injured or feel that your injuries are too minor to warrant treatment, you should have a medical professional examine you. Your Cottleville, MO accident lawyer can use medical records and documents to make your case.
- Speak to an accident lawyer. The most important thing after tending to your medical needs is to contact an accident lawyer in Cottleville, MO. You should talk to an experienced Cottleville, MO accident lawyer about your case as soon as you can. Halvorsen Klote is available to discuss your case for free at (314) 451-1314 or online. We provide a complimentary case review to help you make the critical decision of hiring a lawyer. Meeting together will allow you to understand our qualifications, experience, and the skills we would bring to your case.
Types and Causes of Accidents
Accidents of all kinds can leave a person injured. Your accident might be a two-vehicle car accident, a semi-truck accident, a pedestrian or bicycle accident, or motorcyle accident. Whatever type of accident it was, you need and deserve the help of a qualified Cottleville, MO accident lawyer.
Just as there are many possible types of vehicles that can be in an accident, many other variables weigh in on your accident case and make each case unique, such as how many vehicles are involved, who owns and was operating the vehicles involved, how extreme the damage and injuries were, and many other characteristics.
Once we have learned to drive, driving becomes a primarily subconscious task. Of course we realize that we must be alert and aware while driving, but few of us actively think about the physical act of pressing down x pounds per square inch of pressure with our right foot while dropping our left arm two inches and lifting our right arm two inches in order to drive on a curved road. Some of the most common driver errors that lead to accidents are:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Running stop signs and stop lights
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
While driver error is the largest contributor to auto accidents, accounting for 94% of all auto accidents, other factors can lead to accidents as well. Weather conditions, road conditions, and vehicle defects are common non-driver errors that cause accidents that are often just as catastrophic and dangerous. Your Cottleville, MO accident lawyer will evaluate the circumstances of your accident and the parties involved to advise you on what type of case you have and which party or parties are responsible.
How an Accident Lawyer Can Affect My Case
Before you are able to make the important decision of hiring the right Cottleville, MO accident lawyer for you, you first have to figure out whether or not your car accident case needs the help of an accident lawyer. There are some cases, such as accidents that do not result in any injuries or significant vehicle damage, where you might be able to take care of things yourself, without the assistance of an accident attorney. However, you absolutely need an accident lawyer if the accident caused you or your passengers any injuries, caused major property damage, or included multiple parties. In addition, if there is any question as to who is at fault in the accident, the insurance company is low-balling you or otherwise acting in bad faith, or you have any questions about what your damages are worth, you also need to hire an accident lawyer for your case.
Once you have a good Cottleville, MO accident lawyer on your case, an immense burden will be lifted off your shoulders. They will be there for guidance, reassurance, and support, and will take care of the tedious tasks necessary in bringing your case. Whether your accident case is settled privately or goes through the courts, having a talented accident lawyer protecting your interests will ensure the best possible result.
Your Cottleville, MO accident lawyer has the ability to:
- Deal with the insurance company. Insurance companies are challenging to take on. In many cases, they use tricks and strategies to try to get you to agree to a lower settlement and work to pay out as little as they possibly can. Accident victims who don’t have an accident lawyer representing them consistently get less money from the insurance company than those who have lawyers.
- Determine and prove liability. Your lawyer is experienced in all manners of auto accident cases. They know how to look at the case and how to present the evidence to show who is responsible for the accident and the damage it caused you.
- Calculate the true value of your case. Only a personal injury attorney has an understanding of the true value of your case. Especially when it comes to variables like the long-term effects of injuries and suffering or certain unquantifiable damages, it is /nearly impossible for someone unfamiliar with injury cases to calculate what your case is worth.
- Negotiate a favorable result for your case. Insurance companies will lowball injury victims, especially if they are self-represented and do not have the help of an accident lawyer. If the other party is refusing to accept responsibility for the accident, your lawyer will present your evidence and negotiate for you.
- Stay on top of the legal aspects of your case. These civil cases require a lot of work and leave a lot of room for mistakes, like not filing documents correctly or not filing your case by the statutory deadline. Your lawyer will stay on top of the proceedings and make sure you don’t lose your case due to avoidable errors.
Talk to Your Accident Lawyer | Halverson Klote
The accident lawyers of Halvorsen Klote are prepared to fight for you. This is a difficult time for you and we know you are relying on your accident lawyer to help you win your case. No matter the type of auto accident you've been in, it's crucial to contact your local accident lawyer with the Halvorsen Klote law firm right away. You have nothing to lose, because we don't get paid until we win your case. Our Cottleville, MO accident lawyers and legal team exist to help accident victims in Missouri and Illinois.