Fayette, MO Accident Lawyer
If you or your family member has been injured in an accident, learn how Halvorsen Klote can help with a Case Review and Consultation.
Fayette, MO Accident Lawyer. Have you or someone you know been hurt due to an accident caused by someone else's inattention, irresponsibility, or other error? If the accident resulted in injury, you need the services of a hard-working, compassionate, skillful accident lawyer to take on your case. Halvorsen Klote is a law firm you can rely on and trust. We understand your situation and are prepared to fight for accident victims like you in Fayette, MO.
Are you ready to move your personal injury or car accident case in the right direction? Halvorsen Klote is ready to take on your case. Take the first step toward getting complete and fair compensation for the damages from your accident by discussing your case with us today. Just contact us now.
What should I do after an accident?
- Make sure you are safe. Your first priority should always be to make sure that you and your passengers are okay. If your car is in a dangerous location, such as in the middle of traffic, and it is still able to move, move it to safety, such as the shoulder of the road. If you are unable to move your vehicle safely, make yourself as visible as possible with the use of road flares and/or your vehicle's emergency lights.
- Call 911. Call emergency assistance to the Fayette accident right away. Above all else, the goal is preserving the lives of everyone involved in the accident and minimizing other injuries. In addition to medical first responders, make sure that police are called to the accident so they are able to file a police report.
- Gather information. The information you obtain now will be advantageous to you in the future as you move through your case. Once you file your claim, your Fayette, MO accident lawyer will use this to make your case. The more information you can provide them, the better off you will be. You should try to get information on:
- The other driver - Check to make sure that the other party is okay, but be careful no to admit fault or apologize to them for the accident. Ask them for their contact information, their insurance information, and vehicle information.
- Any witnesses - It's smart to get your own account from all available witnesses and, most importantly, record their name and contact information. By doing this, you guarantee that valuable witness information does not get left out of your case.
- The accident itself - Make note of and take pictures and video of anything that may be important to your case, such as weather conditions, infrastructure and road conditions, and damage to your vehicle and the road.
- Receive medical attention. Of course, recovery should be your top priority, especially if your injuries are severe or debilitating. By the same token, if you are convinced that your injuries are too minor to necessitate medical attention or that you may not have any injuries at all, you should have a medical professional examine you. Your Fayette, MO accident lawyer can use medical records and documents to make your case.
- Speak to an accident lawyer. After addressing your most pressing safety needs following an accident, contact an accident lawyer in Fayette, MO. You should talk to an experienced Fayette, MO accident lawyer about your case as soon as you can. Halvorsen Klote is available to discuss your case for free at (314) 451-1314 or online. We provide a complimentary case review to help you make the critical decision of hiring a lawyer. Meeting together will allow you to understand our qualifications, experience, and the skills we would bring to your case.
Types and Causes of Accidents
There are all sorts of accidents that can potentially lead to injuries. Your accident might be a two-vehicle car accident, a semi-truck accident, a pedestrian or bicycle accident, or motorcyle accident. Whatever type of accident it was, you need and deserve the help of a qualified Fayette, MO accident lawyer.
In addition to the type of vehicles that are involved in the accident, many other variables weigh in on your accident case and make each case unique, such as the number of vehicles involved, who owns and was operating the vehicles involved, how extreme the damage and injuries were, and many other characteristics.
Once we have learned to drive, driving becomes a primarily subconscious task. While we all know that driving requires us to be alert and aware, few of us contemplate the physical act of pressing down x pounds per square inch of pressure with our right foot while dropping our left arm two inches and lifting our right arm two inches in order to drive on a curved road. Some of the most common driver errors that lead to accidents are:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Running stop signs and stop lights
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
While driver error is the largest contributor to auto accidents, accounting for 94% of all auto accidents, other factors can lead to accidents as well. Weather conditions, road conditions, and vehicle defects can cause accidents that are just as devastating or even more destructive than some of the accidents caused by human error. Your Fayette, MO accident lawyer will carefully consider the facts of your accident and the parties involved to determine what type of case you have and which party or parties are responsible.
How an Accident Lawyer Can Affect My Case
Before you go about choosing the right Fayette, MO accident lawyer for you, you must decide if you would benefit from having an accident lawyer on your case. For some minor accidents that do not result in any injuries or serious damage, you may be able to settle your case yourself, without the assistance of an accident attorney. However, you absolutely need an accident lawyer if the accident caused you or your passengers any injuries, caused major property damage, or included multiple parties. In addition, if there is any question as to who is at fault in the accident, the insurance company is low-balling you or otherwise acting in bad faith, or you have any questions about what your damages are worth, you also need to hire an accident lawyer for your case.
Once you have a good Fayette, MO accident lawyer on your case, an immense burden will be lifted off your shoulders. They will not only take care of many of the undertakings involved in bringing your case, but will also provide advice and support and advocate for you. Whether your accident case is settled privately or goes through the courts, having a talented accident lawyer protecting your interests will ensure the best possible outcome.
Your Fayette, MO accident lawyer has the ability to:
- Deal with the insurance company. Insurance companies are challenging to take on. In many cases, they use tricks and strategies to try to get you to agree to a lower settlement and work to pay out as little as they possibly can. Accident victims who do not use an accident lawyer consistently get less money from the insurance company than those who have lawyers.
- Determine and prove liability. Your lawyer has worked with numerous auto accident cases. They understand how to look at the case and how to present the evidence to show who is responsible for the accident and the damage it caused you.
- Calculate the true value of your case. Only a personal injury attorney has an understanding of the true value of your case. Especially with complicated factors like unquantifiable damages and long-term injuries or effects of injuries, it is /nearly impossible for a layperson to calculate what your case is worth.
- Negotiate a favorable result for your case. Insurance companies will lowball injury victims, especially when they are without the representation of an accident lawyer. If the other party is uncooperative or refuses to accept responsibility for the accident, your lawyer will make your case and fight for you.
- Stay on top of the legal aspects of your case. Your lawyer and their legal team will stay organized and informed on your case. They will make sure you don't lose your case because of avoidable issues like failing to file it before the statute of limitations runs out and other mistakes throughout the process.
Talk to Your Accident Lawyer | Halverson Klote
The Halvorsen Klote law firm is equipped and willing to fight for you. This is a difficult time for you and we know you are relying on your accident lawyer to help you win your case. No matter the type of auto accident you've been in, it's crucial to contact your local accident lawyer with the Halvorsen Klote law firm right away. You have nothing to lose, because we don't get paid until we win your case. Our Fayette, MO accident lawyers and legal team exist to help accident victims in Missouri and Illinois.