Harrisburg, MO Accident Lawyer
If you or your family member has been injured in an accident, learn how Halvorsen Klote can help with a Case Review and Consultation.
Harrisburg, MO Accident Lawyer. Have you or someone you know been hurt due to an accident caused by someone else's inattention, irresponsibility, or other error? When an accident injures you to the point of disability and leaves you with bills, unable to work, and with a plaintiff who disputes his responsibility, hiring a strong lawyer is imperative. Halvorsen Klote is a law firm you can rely on and trust. We understand your situation and are prepared to fight for accident victims like you in Harrisburg, MO.
It’s time to take a step forward towards physical and financial recovery from this accident. Halvorsen Klote is ready to take on your case. Take the first step toward getting complete and fair compensation for the damages from your accident by discussing your case with us today. Just contact us now.
What should I do after an accident?
- Make sure you are safe. Your first priority should always be to make sure that you and your passengers are okay. If your car is in a dangerous location, such as in the middle of traffic, and it is still able to move, get it to a safer location such as the shoulder of the road. If you are unable to move your vehicle safely, use what you can, like road flares and emergency lights, to make yourself visible to oncoming traffic.
- Call 911. Call emergency assistance to the Harrisburg accident right away. The most critical task is to save the lives of anyone in the accident and to reduce the severity of other injuries. In addition to medical first responders, make sure that police are called to the accident so they are able to file a police report.
- Gather information. The information you obtain now will be advantageous to you in the future as you move through your case. Your Harrisburg, MO accident lawyer will use all the information you can get to prove your case. The more information you can provide them, the better off you will be. You should try to get information on:
- The other driver - Check to make sure that the other party is okay, but be careful no to admit fault or apologize to them for the accident. Ask them for their contact information, their insurance information, and vehicle information.
- Any witnesses - It's smart to get your own account from all available witnesses and, most importantly, record their name and contact information. By doing this, you guarantee that valuable witness information does not get left out of your case.
- The accident itself - Record by whatever means are appropriate, such as photos and videos, external factors that could be important to your case, such as weather conditions, infrastructure and road conditions, and damage to your vehicle and the road.
- Receive medical attention. Of course, if the injuries from your accident are severe, medical care is the first and only priority until you are safe and able to recover. By the same token, if you are convinced that your injuries are too minor to necessitate medical attention or that you may not have any injuries at all, you should have a medical professional examine you. Your Harrisburg, MO accident lawyer can use medical records and documents to support your case.
- Speak to an accident lawyer. The most important thing after tending to your medical needs is to contact an accident lawyer in Harrisburg, MO. You should talk to an experienced Harrisburg, MO accident lawyer about your case as soon as you can. Halvorsen Klote is available to discuss your case for free at (314) 451-1314 or online. Choosing a lawyer for your case is an important decision, and the free case review will help you understand the law firm's experience, capabilities, and how they would be able to help you get the best outcome for your case.
Types and Causes of Accidents
Accidents of all kinds can leave a person injured. Your accident might be a two-vehicle car accident, a semi-truck accident, a pedestrian or bicycle accident, or motorcyle accident. Whatever type of accident it was, you need and deserve the help of a qualified Harrisburg, MO accident lawyer.
Just as there are many possible types of vehicles that can be in an accident, many other variables weigh in on your accident case and make each case unique, including such things as the number of vehicles involved, who owns and was operating the vehicles involved, the severity of injuries, and many other characteristics.
Driving is a task executed largely by muscle memory rather than conscious actions. While we all know that driving requires us to be alert and aware, few of us actively think about the physical act of pressing down x pounds per square inch of pressure with our right foot while dropping our left arm two inches and lifting our right arm two inches in order to drive on a curved road. Some of the most common driver errors that lead to accidents are:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Running stop signs and stop lights
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
Driver error is the leading cause of vehicular accidents. In fact, driver error causes 94% of all auto accidents. However, other factors can lead to accidents as well. Weather conditions, road conditions, and vehicle defects are common non-driver errors that cause accidents that are often just as catastrophic and dangerous. Your Harrisburg, MO accident lawyer will carefully consider the facts of your accident and the parties involved to advise you on what type of case you have and which party or parties are responsible.
How an Accident Lawyer Can Affect My Case
Before you are able to make the important decision of hiring the right Harrisburg, MO accident lawyer for you, you first have to figure out if you would benefit from having an accident lawyer on your case. There are some cases, such as accidents that do not result in any injuries or significant vehicle damage, where you might be able to take care of things on your own, without the assistance of an accident attorney. However, you absolutely need an accident lawyer if the accident caused you or your passengers any injuries, caused major property damage, or included multiple parties. You should also always hire an accident lawyer if there is disagreement about who is at fault for the accident, the insurance company is not being cooperative or acts in bad faith, or if you have any questions about your case or the value of your damages.
Having the right Harrisburg, MO accident lawyer in charge of your case is a huge weight off your shoulders. They will be there for guidance, reassurance, and support, and will take care of the tedious tasks necessary in bringing your case. Whether your accident case is settled privately or goes through the courts, having a talented accident lawyer protecting your interests will ensure the best possible result.
Your Harrisburg, MO accident lawyer has the ability to:
- Deal with the insurance company. Insurance companies employ many tricky tactics to avoid paying out any more than they have to. It can be difficult to successfully negotiate with them unless you are familiar with their ploys. Accident victims who don’t have an accident lawyer representing them consistently get less money from the insurance company than those who have lawyers.
- Determine and prove liability. Your lawyer is experienced in all manners of auto accident cases. They know how to look at the case and what evidence to use to show who is responsible for the accident and the damage it caused you.
- Calculate the true value of your case. Only a personal injury attorney has an understanding of the true value of your case. Especially with complicated factors like unquantifiable damages and long-term injuries or effects of injuries, it is /nearly impossible for a layperson to calculate what your case is worth.
- Negotiate a favorable result for your case. Insurance companies will lowball injury victims, especially if they are self-represented and do not have the help of an accident lawyer. If the other party is uncooperative or refuses to accept responsibility for the accident, your lawyer will make your case and fight for you.
- Stay on top of the legal aspects of your case. These civil cases require a lot of work and leave a lot of room for mistakes, like not filing documents correctly or not filing your case by the statutory deadline. Your lawyer will stay on top of the proceedings and make sure you don’t lose your case due to avoidable errors.
Talk to Your Accident Lawyer | Halverson Klote
The Halvorsen Klote law firm is equipped and willing to fight for you. This is a difficult time for you and we know you are relying on your accident lawyer to help you win your case. After you’ve been in any type of auto accident, it's crucial to contact your local accident lawyer with the Halvorsen Klote law firm right away. There is no pressure; we don't get paid until we win your case. Our Harrisburg, MO accident lawyers and legal team are here to win cases for accident victims in Missouri and Illinois.