Vandalia, MO Accident Lawyer
If you or your family member has been injured in an accident, learn how Halvorsen Klote can help with a Case Review and Consultation.
Vandalia, MO Accident Lawyer. Have you or someone you know been hurt due to an accident caused by someone else's inattention, irresponsibility, or other error? When an accident injures you to the point of disability and leaves you with bills, unable to work, and with a plaintiff who disputes his responsibility, hiring a strong lawyer is imperative. Halvorsen Klote is a law firm you can rely on and trust. We understand your situation and are prepared to fight for accident victims like you in Vandalia, MO.
It’s time to take a step forward towards physical and financial recovery from this accident. Halvorsen Klote is here to help you. Take the first step toward getting complete and fair compensation for the damages from your accident by discussing your case with us today. Just contact us now.
What should I do after an accident?
- Make sure you are safe. Your first priority should always be to ensure that you and your passengers are okay. If your car is in a dangerous position, such as in the middle of traffic, and it is still able to move, move it to safety, such as the shoulder of the road. If you are unable to move your vehicle safely, make yourself as visible as possible with the use of road flares and/or your vehicle's emergency lights.
- Call 911. Call emergency assistance to the Vandalia accident right away. The most critical task is to save the lives of anyone in the accident and to reduce the severity of other injuries. In addition to medical first responders, you also want to get police to the scene so they are able to file a police report.
- Gather information. It will serve you well later on when you are filing your case to gather as much information as you can. Once you file your claim, your Vandalia, MO accident lawyer will use this to make your case. The more information you can provide them, the better off you will be. You should try to get information on:
- The other driver - Make sure that the other party is okay, but be careful no to admit fault or apologize to them for the accident. You need to record their contact information, their insurance information, and vehicle information.
- Any witnesses - It's smart to get your own account from all available witnesses and, most importantly, record their name and contact information. By doing this, you guarantee that valuable witness information does not get left out of your case.
- The accident itself - Record by whatever means are appropriate, such as photos and videos, external factors that may be important to your case, such as weather conditions, infrastructure and road conditions, and damage to your vehicle and the road.
- Receive medical attention. Of course, recovery should be your top priority, especially if your injuries are severe or debilitating. However, even if you don't believe you have been injured or feel that your injuries are too minor to warrant treatment, you should have a medical professional examine you. Your Vandalia, MO accident lawyer can use medical records and documents to support your case.
- Speak to an accident lawyer. After addressing your most pressing safety needs following an accident, talk to an accident lawyer in Vandalia, MO. You should talk to an experienced Vandalia, MO accident lawyer about your case as soon as you can. Halvorsen Klote is available to discuss your case for free at (314) 451-1314 or online. Choosing a lawyer for your case is an important decision, and the free case review will help you understand the law firm's experience, capabilities, and how they would be able to help you get the best outcome for your case.
Types and Causes of Accidents
Accidents of all kinds can leave a person injured. No matter what kind of accident you've been in, whether it is a two-vehicle car accident, a semi-truck accident, a pedestrian or bicycle accident, or motorcyle accident, you may have an accident case and need and deserve the help of a qualified Vandalia, MO accident lawyer.
Just as there are many possible types of vehicles that can be in an accident, many other variables weigh in on your accident case and make each case unique, such as how many vehicles are involved, who owns and was operating the vehicles involved, how extreme the damage and injuries were, and many other characteristics.
Once we have learned to drive, driving becomes a primarily subconscious task. Of course we realize that we must be alert and aware while driving, but few of us actively think about the physical act of pressing down x pounds per square inch of pressure with our right foot while dropping our left arm two inches and lifting our right arm two inches in order to drive on a curved road. Some of the most common driver errors that lead to accidents are:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Running stop signs and stop lights
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
Driver error is the leading cause of vehicular accidents. In fact, driver error causes 94% of all auto accidents. However, there are other causes to consider as well. Weather conditions, road conditions, and vehicle defects can cause accidents that are just as devastating or even more destructive than some of the accidents caused by human error. Your Vandalia, MO accident lawyer will evaluate the circumstances of your accident and the parties involved to advise you on what type of case you have and which party or parties are responsible.
How an Accident Lawyer Can Affect My Case
Before you are able to make the important decision of hiring the right Vandalia, MO accident lawyer for you, you must decide if you would benefit from having an accident lawyer on your case. There are some cases, such as accidents that do not result in any injuries or significant vehicle damage, where you might be able to take care of things yourself, without the assistance of an accident attorney. However, you absolutely need an accident lawyer if the accident caused you or your passengers any injuries, caused major property damage, or included multiple parties. In addition, if there is any question as to who is at fault in the accident, the insurance company is low-balling you or otherwise acting in bad faith, or you have any questions about what your damages are worth, you also need to hire an accident lawyer for your case.
Once you have a good Vandalia, MO accident lawyer on your case, an immense burden will be lifted off your shoulders. They will be there for guidance, reassurance, and support, and will take care of the tedious tasks necessary in bringing your case. Whether your accident case is settled privately or goes through the courts, having a talented accident lawyer protecting your interests will ensure the best possible result.
Your Vandalia, MO accident lawyer has the ability to:
- Deal with the insurance company. Insurance companies are challenging to take on. In many cases, they use tricks and strategies to try to get you to agree to a lower settlement and work to pay out as little as they possibly can. Accident victims who don’t have an accident lawyer representing them receive much lower offers from the insurance company than those who have lawyers.
- Determine and prove liability. Your lawyer is experienced in all manners of auto accident cases. They know how to look at the case and what evidence to use to express who is responsible for the accident and the damage it caused you.
- Calculate the true value of your case. Only a personal injury attorney has an understanding of the true value of your case. Especially when it comes to variables like the long-term effects of injuries and suffering or certain unquantifiable damages, it is /difficult for someone unfamiliar with injury cases to calculate what your case is worth.
- Negotiate a favorable result for your case. Insurance companies will lowball injury victims, especially when they are without the representation of an accident lawyer. If the other party is refusing to accept responsibility for the accident, your lawyer will make your case and fight for you.
- Stay on top of the legal aspects of your case. These civil cases require a lot of work and leave a lot of room for mistakes, like not filing documents correctly or not filing your case by the statutory deadline. Your lawyer will stay on top of the proceedings and make sure you don’t lose your case due to avoidable errors.
Talk to Your Accident Lawyer | Halverson Klote
The Halvorsen Klote law firm is equipped and willing to fight for you. This is a difficult time for you and we know you are relying on your accident lawyer to help you win your case. After you’ve been in any type of auto accident, it's crucial to contact your local accident lawyer with the Halvorsen Klote law firm right away. There is no pressure; we don't get paid until we win your case. Our Vandalia, MO accident lawyers and legal team exist to help accident victims in Missouri and Illinois.