Chamois, MO Accident Lawyer
If you or your family member has been injured in an accident, learn how Halvorsen Klote can help with a Case Review and Consultation.
Chamois, MO Accident Lawyer. Have you or someone you know been hurt due to an accident caused by someone else's inattention, irresponsibility, or other error? If the accident resulted in injury, you need the services of a hard-working, compassionate, skillful accident lawyer to take on your case. Halvorsen Klote is a law firm you can rely on and trust. We understand your situation and are prepared to fight for accident victims like you in Chamois, MO.
Are you ready to move your personal injury or car accident case in the right direction? Halvorsen Klote is here to help you. In order to make the most of this situation and to get the just compensation you deserve for the injuries and other damages you have sustained, discuss your case with us today. Just contact us now.
What should I do after an accident?
- Make sure you are safe. Your first priority should always be to make sure that you and your passengers are okay. If your car is in an unsafe location, such as in the middle of traffic, and it is still able to move, get it to a safer location such as the shoulder of the road. If you are unable to move your vehicle safely, make yourself as visible as possible with the use of road flares and/or your vehicle's emergency lights.
- Call 911. Call emergency assistance to the Chamois accident right away. Above all else, the goal is to save the lives of anyone in the accident and to reduce the severity of other injuries. In addition to medical first responders, you also want to get police to the scene so they are able to file a police report.
- Gather information. It will serve you well later on when you are filing your case to gather as much information as you can. Once you file your claim, your Chamois, MO accident lawyer will use this to make your case. The more information you can provide them, the better off you will be. You should try to get information on:
- The other driver - Make sure that the other party is okay, but be careful no to admit fault or apologize to them for the accident. You need to record their contact information, their insurance information, and vehicle information.
- Any witnesses - Record witness statements and their personal and contact information yourself if possible. This ensures that valuable witness information does not get left out of your case.
- The accident itself - Make note of and take pictures and video of anything that may be important to your case, such as weather conditions, infrastructure and road conditions, and damage to your vehicle and the road.
- Receive medical attention. Of course, if the injuries from your accident are severe, medical care is the first and only priority until you are safe and able to recover. By the same token, if you are convinced that your injuries are too minor to necessitate medical attention or that you may not have any injuries at all, you should still be seen by a medical professional. Your Chamois, MO accident lawyer can use medical records and documents to make your case.
- Speak to an accident lawyer. The most important thing after tending to your medical needs is to talk to an accident lawyer in Chamois, MO. You should talk to an experienced Chamois, MO accident lawyer about your case as soon as you can. Halvorsen Klote is available to discuss your case for free at (314) 451-1314 or online. We provide a complimentary case review to help you make the critical decision of hiring a lawyer. Meeting together will allow you to understand our qualifications, experience, and the skills we would bring to your case.
Types and Causes of Accidents
There are all sorts of accidents that can potentially lead to injuries. Your accident might be a two-vehicle car accident, a semi-truck accident, a pedestrian or bicycle accident, or motorcyle accident. Whatever type of accident it was, you need and deserve the help of a qualified Chamois, MO accident lawyer.
Just as there are many possible types of vehicles that can be in an accident, there are many additional factors that complicate your accident case and make each case unique, including such things as the number of vehicles involved, who owns and was operating the vehicles involved, how extreme the damage and injuries were, and many other characteristics.
Driving is a task executed largely by muscle memory rather than conscious actions. While we all know that driving requires us to be alert and aware, few of us contemplate the physical act of pressing down x pounds per square inch of pressure with our right foot while dropping our left arm two inches and lifting our right arm two inches in order to drive on a curved road. Some of the most common driver errors that lead to accidents are:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Running stop signs and stop lights
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
Driver error is the leading cause of vehicular accidents. In fact, driver error causes 94% of all auto accidents. However, there are other causes to consider as well. Weather conditions, road conditions, and vehicle defects can cause accidents that are just as devastating or even more destructive than some of the accidents caused by human error. Your Chamois, MO accident lawyer will carefully consider the circumstances of your accident and the parties involved to advise you on what type of case you have and which party or parties are responsible.
How an Accident Lawyer Can Affect My Case
Before you go about choosing the right Chamois, MO accident lawyer for you, you first have to figure out whether or not your car accident case needs the help of an accident lawyer. There are some cases, such as accidents that do not result in any injuries or significant vehicle damage, where you might be able to take care of things on your own, without the assistance of an accident attorney. However, if your accident left you with any injuries, caused significant damage to your vehicle, or involved multiple parties, you should always obtain the services of an accident lawyer. You should also always hire an accident lawyer if there is disagreement about who is at fault for the accident, the insurance company is not being cooperative or acts in bad faith, or if you have any questions about your case or the value of your damages.
Having the right Chamois, MO accident lawyer in charge of your case is a huge weight off your shoulders. They will not only take care of many of the undertakings involved in bringing your case, but will also provide advice and support and advocate for you. Whether your accident case is settled privately or goes through the courts, having a talented accident lawyer protecting your interests will ensure the best possible result.
Your Chamois, MO accident lawyer has the ability to:
- Deal with the insurance company. Insurance companies are challenging to take on. In many cases, they use tricks and strategies to try to get you to agree to a lower settlement and work to pay out as little as they possibly can. Accident victims who do not use an accident lawyer receive much lower offers from the insurance company than those who have lawyers.
- Determine and prove liability. Your lawyer is experienced in all manners of auto accident cases. They understand how to look at the case and how to present the evidence to show who is responsible for the accident and the damage it caused you.
- Calculate the true value of your case. An attorney is much better equipped to calculate the true value of your case than you are. Especially with complicated factors like unquantifiable damages and long-term injuries or effects of injuries, it is /nearly impossible for someone unfamiliar with injury cases to calculate what your case is worth.
- Negotiate a favorable result for your case. Insurance companies will lowball injury victims, especially if they are self-represented and do not have the help of an accident lawyer. If the other party is refusing to accept responsibility for the accident, your lawyer will make your case and fight for you.
- Stay on top of the legal aspects of your case. Your lawyer and their legal team will stay organized and informed on your case. They will make sure you don't lose your case because of avoidable issues like failing to file it before the statute of limitations runs out and other mistakes throughout the process.
Talk to Your Accident Lawyer | Halverson Klote
The accident lawyers of Halvorsen Klote are prepared to fight for you. This is a difficult time for you and we know you are relying on your accident lawyer to help you win your case. No matter the type of auto accident you've been in, it's crucial to contact your local accident lawyer with the Halvorsen Klote law firm right away. You have nothing to lose, because we don't get paid until we win your case. Our Chamois, MO accident lawyers and legal team exist to help accident victims in Missouri and Illinois.