St. Peters, MO Accident Lawyer
If you or your family member has been injured in an accident, learn how Halvorsen Klote can help with a Case Review and Consultation.
St. Peters, MO Accident Lawyer. Were you or a loved one recently harmed in an accident caused by another party’s faulty actions? If the accident resulted in injury, you need the services of a hard-working, compassionate, skillful accident lawyer to take on your case. Halvorsen Klote is an accomplished injury law firm, equipped to fight for fair results for our clients in the St. Peters, MO area.
It’s time to take a step forward towards physical and financial recovery from this accident. Halvorsen Klote is ready to take on your case. In order to make the most of this situation and to get the just compensation you deserve for the injuries and other damages you have sustained, discuss your case with us today. Just contact us now.
What should I do after an accident?
- Make sure you are safe. The very first thing you should do after an accident is to ensure the safety of everyone involved. If your car is in an unsafe location, such as in the middle of traffic, and it is still able to move, move it to safety, such as the shoulder of the road. If that is not an option, use what you can, like road flares and emergency lights, to make yourself visible to oncoming traffic.
- Call 911. Call emergency assistance to the St. Peters accident right away. Above all else, the goal is preserving the lives of everyone involved in the accident and minimizing other injuries. In addition to medical first responders, you also want to get police to the scene so they are able to file a police report.
- Gather information. It will serve you well later on when you are filing your case to gather as much information as you can. Your St. Peters, MO accident lawyer will use all the information you can get to prove your case. The more information you can provide them, the better off you will be. You should try to get information on:
- The other driver - Check to make sure that the other party is okay, but be careful no to admit fault or apologize to them for the accident. You need to record their contact information, their insurance information, and vehicle information.
- Any witnesses - It's smart to get your own account from all available witnesses and, most importantly, record their name and contact information. This ensures that valuable witness information does not get left out of your case.
- The accident itself - Make note of and take pictures and video of anything that could be important to your case, such as weather conditions, infrastructure and road conditions, and damage to your vehicle and the road.
- Receive medical attention. Of course, if the injuries from your accident are severe, medical care is the first and only priority until you are safe and able to recover. However, even if you are convinced that your injuries are too minor to necessitate medical attention or that you may not have any injuries at all, you should still be seen by a medical professional. Your St. Peters, MO accident lawyer can use medical records and documents to make your case.
- Speak to an accident lawyer. The most important thing after tending to your medical needs is to contact an accident lawyer in St. Peters, MO. You should talk to an experienced St. Peters, MO accident lawyer about your case as soon as you can. Halvorsen Klote is available to discuss your case for free at (314) 451-1314 or online. Choosing a lawyer for your case is an important decision, and the free case review will help you understand the law firm's experience, capabilities, and how they would be able to help you get the best outcome for your case.
Types and Causes of Accidents
Accidents of all kinds can leave a person injured. No matter what kind of accident you've been in, whether it is a two-vehicle car accident, a semi-truck accident, a pedestrian or bicycle accident, or motorcyle accident, you may have an accident case and need and deserve the help of a qualified St. Peters, MO accident lawyer.
In addition to the type of vehicles that are involved in the accident, there are many additional factors that complicate your accident case and make each case unique, including such things as how many vehicles are involved, who owns and was operating the vehicles involved, how extreme the damage and injuries were, and many other characteristics.
Driving is a task executed largely by muscle memory rather than conscious actions. While we all know that driving requires us to be alert and aware, few of us actively think about the physical act of pressing down x pounds per square inch of pressure with our right foot while dropping our left arm two inches and lifting our right arm two inches in order to drive on a curved road. Some of the most common driver errors that lead to accidents are:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Running stop signs and stop lights
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
While driver error is the largest contributor to auto accidents, accounting for 94% of all auto accidents, there are other causes to consider as well. Weather conditions, road conditions, and vehicle defects can cause accidents that are just as devastating or even more destructive than some of the accidents caused by human error. Your St. Peters, MO accident lawyer will carefully consider the facts of your accident and the parties involved to determine what type of case you have and which party or parties are responsible.
How an Accident Lawyer Can Affect My Case
Before you go about choosing the right St. Peters, MO accident lawyer for you, you must decide whether or not your car accident case needs the help of an accident lawyer. There are some cases, such as accidents that do not result in any injuries or significant vehicle damage, where you might be able to take care of things on your own, without the assistance of an accident attorney. However, if your accident left you with any injuries, caused significant damage to your vehicle, or involved multiple parties, you should always obtain the services of an accident lawyer. You should also always hire an accident lawyer if there is disagreement about who is at fault for the accident, the insurance company is not being cooperative or acts in bad faith, or if you have any questions about your case or the value of your damages.
Once you have a good St. Peters, MO accident lawyer on your case, an immense burden will be lifted off your shoulders. They will not only take care of many of the undertakings involved in bringing your case, but will also provide advice and support and advocate for you. Whether your accident case is settled privately or goes through the courts, your accident lawyer will help you achieve the best possible outcome.
Your St. Peters, MO accident lawyer has the ability to:
- Deal with the insurance company. Insurance companies are challenging to take on. In many cases, they use tricks and strategies to try to get you to agree to a lower settlement and work to pay out as little as they possibly can. Accident victims who don’t have an accident lawyer representing them receive much lower offers from the insurance company than those who have lawyers.
- Determine and prove liability. Your lawyer is experienced in all manners of auto accident cases. They understand how to look at the case and how to present the evidence to show who is responsible for the accident and the damage it caused you.
- Calculate the true value of your case. An attorney is much better equipped to calculate the true value of your case than you are. Especially when it comes to variables like the long-term effects of injuries and suffering or certain unquantifiable damages, it is /difficult for someone unfamiliar with injury cases to calculate what your case is worth.
- Negotiate a favorable result for your case. Insurance companies will lowball injury victims, especially when they are without the representation of an accident lawyer. If the other party is refusing to accept responsibility for the accident, your lawyer will make your case and fight for you.
- Stay on top of the legal aspects of your case. These civil cases require a lot of work and leave a lot of room for mistakes, like not filing documents correctly or not filing your case by the statutory deadline. Your lawyer will stay on top of the proceedings and make sure you don’t lose your case due to avoidable errors.
Talk to Your Accident Lawyer | Halverson Klote
The accident lawyers of Halvorsen Klote are prepared to fight for you. We understand how difficult this time is for you and how much you are relying on your accident lawyer to help you win your case. No matter the type of auto accident you've been in, it's crucial to contact your local accident lawyer with the Halvorsen Klote law firm right away. There is no pressure; we don't get paid until we win your case. Our St. Peters, MO accident lawyers and legal team are here to win cases for accident victims in Missouri and Illinois.