Injury Lawyers in Wildwood, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Case Review
Injury Lawyers in Wildwood, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a severe injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Wildwood, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents. Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote now.
If you were injured in a car accident, at work, by a defective product, or require other legal assistance, Halvorsen Klote has the resources you need to get the job done. A major injury or a death can cause serious repercussions. It's our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact our now for more information if you believe you have a Wildwood, MO, injury lawsuit. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Wildwood, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of injury case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The Wildwood, MO, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of types of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Our Wildwood, MO, injury lawyers understand how difficult it is when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Don't hesitate to contact us today for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting compensation.
Common Causes of Car and Truck Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicular accidents account for an average of 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these incidents include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While trucks are an obvious proponent of injuries, everyday life carries its own share of hazards. The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless claims for victims in the Wildwood, MO, area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Premises Liability: These claims typically involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced workers compensation lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Anything from a serious burn to a swimming pool can be grounds for a personal injury case. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. There's just no way to know. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys in Wildwood, MO, are here to help no matter what your situation is. We're here to win.
What Damages Can You Recover For an Injury Claim?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Wildwood, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Wildwood, MO, accident lawyers will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states often have different rules about what is considered viable for reimbursement. Your Wildwood, MO, injury attorneys will calculate these damages and make sure injury victims and their families get the compensation they deserve. You also need to consider statutes of limitations in the state the accident occurred in. The rule of thumb is that you should file a claim within one year, often much sooner, due to evidence. Contact one of our personal injury attorneys today for additional information about settling a claim or opening a case.
An experienced injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to get fair compensation for your damages like collect police reports, medical bills, and provide other services. It's essential to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning personal injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Any firm should be able to provide you with client testimonials and results.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Halvorsen Klote's injury lawyers that represent Wildwood, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Reach Out To an Injury Attorney in Wildwood, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to contact Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Wildwood, MO, Injury Attorney today for a free consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Attorney at Law
Samantha Orlowski is a practicing attorney Halvorsen Klote.
Samantha joined Halvorsen Klote in 2018 as a law clerk and has since become a practicing attorney. Sam's number one priority is to provide individualized experiences for each client to achieve the best results.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.