Injury Lawyers in Fayette, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Case Review
Injury Lawyers in Fayette, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a serious injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Our Fayette, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims and their families recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents. Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote now.
Whether you were injured while working, in a car accident, fell victim to a medical complication, or need legal help in another matter, our firm has the resources you need to fully represent your case. A major injury or a death can cause serious consequences. It is our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact our today for more information if you think you have a Fayette, MO, injury lawsuit. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Fayette, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. At Halvorsen Klote, our injury lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Fayette, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of types of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Accident Attorney
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
Our Fayette, MO, injury attorneys understand how difficult it can be when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Don't hesitate to call our team today for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting reimbursed.
Common Causes of Car and Truck Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicular crashes account for an average of 1.9 million injuries every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these injuries include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While trucks are an obvious proponent of injury cases, everyday life carries its own share of risks. The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless claims for victims in the Fayette, MO, area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Premises Liability: These claims usually involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
A personal injury claim might involve drowning, burns, scarring, and other incidents. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury case vary greatly. There's no way to tell. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys in Fayette, MO, are here to help no matter what your situation is. We're here to win.
What Damages Can You Recover For a Personal Injury Case?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Fayette, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages often include lost wages, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Fayette, MO, injury attorneys consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states often have different rules about what damages are considered viable for reimbursement. Our Fayette, MO, injury attorneys will calculate these damages and ensure injury victims and their families get the compensation they deserve. You should also consider statutes of limitations in the state the accident occurred in. The rule of thumb is that you should file a case within one year, often much sooner, because of evidence. Call one of Halvorsen Klote's personal injury lawyers today for additional information about settling a claim or opening a case.
A skilled injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to get fair compensation for your damages like collect police reports, medical bills, and provide other services. It's essential to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Any firm should be able to provide you with client reviews and testimonials.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Halvorsen Klote's injury lawyers that represent Fayette, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Reach Out To an Injury Attorney in Fayette, MO, Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Fayette, MO, Injury Attorney today for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.