Injury Lawyers in Fayette, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review
Injury Lawyers in Fayette, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a serious injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Our Fayette, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident. Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote now.
Whether you were injured while working, in a car accident, fell victim to a medical complication, or need legal help in another matter, Halvorsen Klote has the resources you need to get the job done. A death in the family or a serious injury may cause serious repercussions. It is our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact our now for a case review and consultation if you believe you have a Fayette, MO, injury case. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Fayette, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. At Halvorsen Klote, our injury lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Fayette, MO, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Our Fayette, MO, injury attorneys understand how difficult it is when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Do not hesitate to reach out to our firm now for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting reimbursed.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicular crashes account for about 1.9 million injuries every year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these incidents include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While semi-trucks are an obvious proponent of injury cases, everyday life carries its own share of danger. The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless cases for victims in the Fayette, MO, area. Here are some of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Premises Liability: These cases usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
A personal injury claim might involve drowning, burns, scarring, and other incidents. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. There's no way to know. Our injury attorneys in Fayette, MO, are here to help no matter what your situation is. We're here to win.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Case?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Fayette, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include lost wages, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Fayette, MO, accident lawyers consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states have different rules about what damages are considered viable for compensation. Our Fayette, MO, injury lawyers will calculate these damages and make sure survivors receive the compensation they deserve. You also need to consider statutes of limitations in the state the accident occurred in. The rule of thumb is that you should pursue a case within one year, usually much sooner, because of evidence. Contact one of our injury attorneys now for additional information about settling a claim or opening a case.
A qualified injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to get fair compensation for your damages like collect police reports, medical bills, and provide other services. It's important to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Any firm should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Our injury lawyers that represent Fayette, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Reach Out To an Injury Attorney in Fayette, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to contact Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Fayette, MO, Injury Attorney now for a free consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Attorney at Law
Samantha Orlowski is a practicing attorney Halvorsen Klote.
Samantha joined Halvorsen Klote in 2018 as a law clerk and has since become a practicing attorney. Sam's number one priority is to provide individualized experiences for each client to achieve the best results.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.