Injury Lawyers in Glen Carbon, IL
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review
Injury Lawyers in Glen Carbon, IL. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a severe injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Glen Carbon, IL, Injury Lawyers help victims recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents. Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote now.
Whether you were injured while working, in a car accident, fell victim to a medical complication, or need legal help in another matter, our firm has the resources you need to fully represent your case. A death in the family or a serious injury can cause serious repercussions. It's our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for more information if you think you have a Glen Carbon, IL, injury lawsuit. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Glen Carbon, IL?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of injury case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The Glen Carbon, IL, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of types of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Our Glen Carbon, IL, injury attorneys understand how hard it is when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Don't hesitate to call our team now for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting compensation.
Common Causes of Car and Truck Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicular crashes account for about 1.9 million injuries every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these incidents include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While trucks are an obvious proponent of injuries, everyday life carries its own share of hazards. The injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless cases for victims in the Glen Carbon, IL, area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Premises Liability: These cases usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Anything from a serious burn to a swimming pool can be grounds for a personal injury case. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring an injury claim vary greatly. There's just no way to tell. Our injury attorneys in Glen Carbon, IL, are here to help no matter what your situation is. We're here to win.
What Damages Can You Recover For an Injury Case?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Glen Carbon, IL, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Glen Carbon, IL, accident lawyers consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states often have different rules about what damages are considered viable for reimbursement. Your Glen Carbon, IL, injury attorneys will calculate these damages and ensure injury victims and their families receive the compensation they deserve. You should also consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The rule of thumb is that you should pursue a claim within one year, often much sooner, due to evidence. Contact one of our injury attorneys now for additional information about settling a claim or opening a case.
A skilled injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to get fair compensation for your damages like collect police reports, medical bills, and provide other services. It's important to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning personal injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Many firms should be able to provide you with client reviews and testimonials.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Our injury lawyers that represent Glen Carbon, IL, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Contact an Injury Lawyer in Glen Carbon, IL, Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Glen Carbon, IL, Injury Attorney now for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.