Injury Lawyers in Lake St. Louis, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Case Review and Consultation
Injury Lawyers in Lake St. Louis, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a severe injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Lake St. Louis, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents. Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote now.
Whether you were injured while working, in a car accident, fell victim to a medical complication, or need legal help in another matter, Halvorsen Klote has the resources you need to fully represent your case. A major injury or a death may cause serious repercussions. It's our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact our now for more information if you believe you have a Lake St. Louis, MO, injury lawsuit. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Lake St. Louis, MO?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of injury case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The Lake St. Louis, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of types of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Our Lake St. Louis, MO, injury lawyers understand how difficult it can be when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Do not hesitate to contact us today for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting reimbursed.
Common Causes of Car and Truck Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicle-related accidents account for around 1.9 million injuries every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these incidents include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While trucks are an obvious proponent of injuries, everyday life carries its own share of danger. The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless claims for victims in the Lake St. Louis, MO, area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Premises Liability: These claims often involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Anything from a serious burn to a swimming pool can be grounds for a personal injury case. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes to bring an injury claim vary greatly. There's just no way to tell. Our injury attorneys in Lake St. Louis, MO, are here to help no matter what your situation is. We are here to win.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Case?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Lake St. Louis, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include lost wages, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Lake St. Louis, MO, injury attorneys consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states have different rules about what damages are considered viable for compensation. Our Lake St. Louis, MO, injury lawyers will calculate these damages and ensure injury victims and their families receive the compensation they deserve. You should also consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The general rule is you should file a case within one year, usually much sooner, due to evidence. Call one of our personal injury lawyers now for additional information about settling a claim or pursuing a case.
A qualified injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to negotiate with insurance agencies, file through medical records, get witness testimonies, and provide other services. It's essential to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning personal injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Any firm should be able to provide you with client reviews and testimonials.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Halvorsen Klote's injury lawyers that represent Lake St. Louis, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Contact an Injury Lawyer in Lake St. Louis, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to contact Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Lake St. Louis, MO, Injury Attorney today for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.