Injury Lawyers in Lake St. Louis, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Case Review
Injury Lawyers in Lake St. Louis, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a severe injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Lake St. Louis, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents. Never hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote now.
Whether you were injured while working, in a car accident, fell victim to a medical complication, or need legal help in another matter, Halvorsen Klote has the resources you need to fully represent your case. A death in the family or a serious injury may cause serious consequences. It's our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for a case review and consultation if you think you have a Lake St. Louis, MO, injury lawsuit. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Lake St. Louis, MO?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of injury case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The Lake St. Louis, MO, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of types of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Our Lake St. Louis, MO, injury attorneys understand how hard it can be when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Do not hesitate to call our team now for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting compensation.
Common Causes of Car and Truck Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicle-related accidents account for around 1.9 million injuries every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these incidents include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While semi-trucks are an obvious proponent of injuries, everyday life carries its own share of hazards. The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless claims for victims in the Lake St. Louis, MO, area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Premises Liability: These cases often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
A personal injury claim might involve drowning, burns, scarring, and other incidents. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury case vary greatly. There's just no way to know. Our injury attorneys in Lake St. Louis, MO, are here to help no matter what your situation is. We're here to win.
What Damages Can You Recover For an Injury Claim?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Lake St. Louis, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Lake St. Louis, MO, accident lawyers consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states have different rules about what is considered viable for reimbursement. Our Lake St. Louis, MO, injury attorneys will calculate these damages and ensure survivors get the compensation they deserve. You should also consider statutes of limitations in the state the accident occurred in. The rule of thumb is that you should pursue a claim within one year, usually much sooner, due to evidence. Call one of our personal injury attorneys today for more info about settling a claim or opening a case.
An experienced injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to negotiate with insurance agencies, file through medical records, get witness testimonies, and provide other services. It's essential to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Any firm should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Our injury lawyers that represent Lake St. Louis, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Contact an Injury Attorney in Lake St. Louis, MO, Now
Don't hesitate to contact Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Lake St. Louis, MO, Injury Attorney now for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.