Injury Lawyers in Granite City, IL
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Case Review and Consultation
Injury Lawyers in Granite City, IL. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a severe injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Granite City, IL, Injury Lawyers help victims recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents. Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote now.
Whether you were injured while working, in a car accident, fell victim to a medical complication, or need legal help in another matter, our firm has the resources you need to get the job done. A major injury or a death may cause serious consequences. It is our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact our today for a case review and consultation if you believe you have a Granite City, IL, injury lawsuit. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Granite City, IL?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. At Halvorsen Klote, our injury lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Granite City, IL, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of types of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Our Granite City, IL, injury attorneys understand how difficult it is when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Do not hesitate to contact us today for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting reimbursed.
Common Causes of Car and Truck Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicle-related crashes account for about 1.9 million injuries every year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these injuries include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While trucks are an obvious proponent of injury cases, everyday life carries its own share of hazards. The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless claims for victims in the Granite City, IL, area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Premises Liability: These cases typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite, and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced workers compensation attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
A personal injury claim might involve drowning, burns, scarring, and other incidents. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. There's no way to know. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys in Granite City, IL, are here to help no matter what your accident is. We are here to win.
What Damages Can You Recover For an Injury Claim?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Granite City, IL, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include lost wages, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Granite City, IL, accident attorneys consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states have different rules about what damages are considered viable for compensation. Your Granite City, IL, injury lawyers will calculate these damages and make sure survivors get the compensation they deserve. You also need to consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The general rule is you should pursue a claim within one year, often much sooner, because of evidence. Call one of our personal injury lawyers now for additional information about settling a claim or opening a case.
A skilled injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to negotiate with insurance agencies, file through medical records, get witness testimonies, and provide other services. It's essential to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning personal injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Many firms should be able to provide you with client reviews and testimonials.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Halvorsen Klote's injury lawyers that represent Granite City, IL, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Reach Out To an Injury Lawyer in Granite City, IL, Today
Don't hesitate to contact Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Granite City, IL, Injury Attorney now for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.