Injury Lawyers in Cottleville, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Case Review
Injury Lawyers in Cottleville, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a major injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Cottleville, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident. Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote now.
If you were injured in a car accident, at work, by a defective product, or require other legal assistance, our firm has the resources you need to fully represent your case. A death in the family or a serious injury may cause serious repercussions. It's our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact our now for more information if you believe you have a Cottleville, MO, injury lawsuit. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Cottleville, MO?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. At Halvorsen Klote, our injury lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Cottleville, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Our Cottleville, MO, injury lawyers understand how hard it can be when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Do not hesitate to contact us now for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting compensation.
Common Causes of Car and Truck Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicle-related accidents account for around 1.9 million injuries every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these injuries include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While semi-trucks are an obvious proponent of injuries, everyday life carries its own share of danger. The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless claims for victims in the Cottleville, MO, area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Premises Liability: These cases typically involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced workers compensation attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
A personal injury claim might involve drowning, burns, scarring, and other incidents. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring an injury claim vary greatly. There's just no way to tell. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys in Cottleville, MO, are here to help no matter what your accident is. We're here to win.
What Damages Can You Recover For a Personal Injury Claim?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Cottleville, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages often include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Cottleville, MO, injury attorneys will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states often have different rules about what is considered viable for compensation. Your Cottleville, MO, injury attorneys will calculate these damages and ensure survivors receive the compensation they deserve. You also need to consider statutes of limitations in the state the accident occurred in. The rule of thumb is that you should pursue a case within one year, usually much sooner, because of evidence. Contact one of Halvorsen Klote's personal injury lawyers today for more info about settling a claim or pursuing a case.
A qualified injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to get fair compensation for your damages like collect police reports, medical bills, and provide other services. It's essential to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Any firm should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Halvorsen Klote's injury lawyers that represent Cottleville, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Contact an Injury Lawyer in Cottleville, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to contact Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Cottleville, MO, Injury Attorney now for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.