Injury Lawyers in Dardenne Prairie, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Case Review
Injury Lawyers in Dardenne Prairie, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a major injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Our Dardenne Prairie, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims and their families recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents. Don't hesitate to reach out to one of our lawyers.
Whether you were injured while working, in a car accident, fell victim to a medical complication, or need legal help in another matter, Halvorsen Klote has the resources you need to get the job done. A death in the family or a serious injury can cause serious consequences. It is our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact our today for a case review and consultation if you think you have a Dardenne Prairie, MO, injury case. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Dardenne Prairie, MO?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. At Halvorsen Klote, our injury lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Dardenne Prairie, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of types of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Accident Attorney
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
Our Dardenne Prairie, MO, injury attorneys understand how difficult it is when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Don't hesitate to call our team today for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting reimbursed.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicle-related crashes account for around 1.9 million injuries each year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these injuries include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While trucks are an obvious proponent of injury cases, everyday life carries its own share of danger. The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless claims for victims in the Dardenne Prairie, MO, area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Premises Liability: These claims typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite, and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced workers compensation attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
A personal injury claim might involve drowning, burns, scarring, and other incidents. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. There's no way to tell. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys in Dardenne Prairie, MO, are here to help no matter what your situation is. We are here to win.
What Damages Can You Recover For an Injury Claim?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Dardenne Prairie, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages often include any loss of financial earnings, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Dardenne Prairie, MO, injury lawyers consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states often have different rules about what damages are considered viable for reimbursement. Our Dardenne Prairie, MO, injury lawyers will calculate these damages and ensure survivors receive the compensation they deserve. You should also consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The general rule is you should file a case within one year, usually much sooner, because of evidence. Contact one of Halvorsen Klote's personal injury lawyers today for additional information about settling a claim or pursuing a case.
A qualified injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to get fair compensation for your damages like collect police reports, medical bills, and provide other services. It's important to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning personal injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Any firm should be able to provide you with client reviews and testimonials.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Halvorsen Klote's injury lawyers that represent Dardenne Prairie, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Reach Out To an Injury Lawyer in Dardenne Prairie, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Dardenne Prairie, MO, Injury Attorney now for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.