Injury Lawyers in Jefferson City, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Case Review and Consultation
Injury Lawyers in Jefferson City, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a serious injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Jefferson City, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims and their families recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents. Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote now.
If you were injured in a car accident, at work, by a defective product, or require other legal assistance, our firm has the resources you need to fully represent your case. A major injury or a death can cause serious consequences. It's our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact Halvorsen Klote now for more information if you think you have a Jefferson City, MO, injury lawsuit. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Jefferson City, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of injury case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The Jefferson City, MO, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
Our Jefferson City, MO, injury lawyers understand how hard it is when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Do not hesitate to contact us today for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting compensation.
Common Causes of Car and Truck Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicle-related crashes account for an average of 1.9 million injuries every year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these injuries include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While semi-trucks are an obvious proponent of injury cases, everyday life carries its own share of danger. The injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless claims for victims in the Jefferson City, MO, area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Premises Liability: These claims typically involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Anything from a serious burn to a swimming pool can be grounds for a personal injury case. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury case vary greatly. There's just no way to tell. Our injury attorneys in Jefferson City, MO, are here to help no matter what your accident is. We're here to win.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For an Injury Claim?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Jefferson City, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages often include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Jefferson City, MO, accident lawyers will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states often have different rules about what is considered viable for compensation. Our Jefferson City, MO, injury lawyers will calculate these damages and make sure survivors receive the compensation they deserve. You also need to consider statutes of limitations in the state the accident occurred in. The rule of thumb is that you should pursue a claim within one year, usually much sooner, because of evidence. Call one of our injury lawyers now for additional information about settling a claim or pursuing a case.
A qualified injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to negotiate with insurance agencies, file through medical records, get witness testimonies, and provide other services. It's essential to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning personal injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Many firms should be able to provide you with client reviews and testimonials.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Halvorsen Klote's injury lawyers that represent Jefferson City, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Reach Out To an Injury Attorney in Jefferson City, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to contact Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Jefferson City, MO, Injury Attorney now for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.