Injury Lawyers in Jefferson City, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Case Review and Consultation
Injury Lawyers in Jefferson City, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a major injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Jefferson City, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims and their families recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents. Don't hesitate to reach out to one of our lawyers.
If you were injured in a car accident, at work, by a defective product, or require other legal assistance, our firm has the resources you need to get the job done. A death in the family or a serious injury may cause serious repercussions. It is our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact our today for more information if you believe you have a Jefferson City, MO, injury case. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Jefferson City, MO?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of injury case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The Jefferson City, MO, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of types of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Accident Attorney
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
Our Jefferson City, MO, injury attorneys understand how hard it is when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Do not hesitate to call our team today for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting reimbursed.
Common Causes of Car and Truck Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicular crashes account for around 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these incidents include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While semi-trucks are an obvious proponent of injury cases, everyday life carries its own share of hazards. The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless claims for victims in the Jefferson City, MO, area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Premises Liability: These cases often involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced workers compensation attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Anything from a serious burn to a swimming pool can be grounds for a personal injury case. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury claim vary greatly. There's just no way to tell. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys in Jefferson City, MO, are here to help no matter what your situation is. We are here to win.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For an Injury Claim?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Jefferson City, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Jefferson City, MO, injury attorneys will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states often have different rules about what is considered viable for reimbursement. Your Jefferson City, MO, injury lawyers will calculate these damages and make sure injury victims and their families get the compensation they deserve. You also need to consider statutes of limitations in the state the accident occurred in. The rule of thumb is that you should pursue a case within one year, often much sooner, due to evidence. Contact one of our personal injury attorneys today for more info about settling a claim or pursuing a case.
A skilled injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to negotiate with insurance agencies, file through medical records, get witness testimonies, and provide other services. It's essential to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Any firm should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Our injury lawyers that represent Jefferson City, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Reach Out To an Injury Attorney in Jefferson City, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to contact Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Jefferson City, MO, Injury Attorney today for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.