Injury Lawyers in Versailles, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Case Review
Injury Lawyers in Versailles, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a major injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Versailles, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims and their families recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents. Never hesitate to reach out to our firm.
If you were injured in a car accident, at work, by a defective product, or require other legal assistance, Halvorsen Klote has the resources you need to fully represent your case. A death in the family or a serious injury can cause serious consequences. It is our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact our now for a case review and consultation if you think you have a Versailles, MO, injury case. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Versailles, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. At Halvorsen Klote, our injury lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Versailles, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of types of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Our Versailles, MO, injury attorneys understand how difficult it is when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Don't hesitate to call our team now for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting reimbursed.
Common Causes of Car and Truck Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicle-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these incidents include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While trucks are an obvious proponent of injuries, everyday life carries its own share of danger. The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless claims for victims in the Versailles, MO, area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Premises Liability: These cases typically involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced workers compensation lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Anything from a serious burn to a swimming pool can be grounds for a personal injury case. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. There's no way to know. Our injury attorneys in Versailles, MO, are here to help no matter what your situation is. We're here to win.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Claim?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Versailles, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include any loss of financial earnings, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Versailles, MO, accident attorneys will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states have different rules about what is considered viable for reimbursement. Our Versailles, MO, injury attorneys will calculate these damages and ensure injury victims and their families get the compensation they deserve. You should also consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The general rule is you should pursue a claim within one year, usually much sooner, due to evidence. Call one of Halvorsen Klote's personal injury lawyers today for additional information about settling a claim or pursuing a case.
An experienced injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to get fair compensation for your damages like collect police reports, medical bills, and provide other services. It's essential to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning personal injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Any firm should be able to provide you with client reviews and testimonials.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Halvorsen Klote's injury lawyers that represent Versailles, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Contact an Injury Lawyer in Versailles, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Versailles, MO, Injury Attorney today for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.