Injury Lawyers in Chesterfield, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review
Injury Lawyers in Chesterfield, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a severe injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Our Chesterfield, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident. Don't hesitate to reach out to our firm.
Whether you were injured while working, in a car accident, fell victim to a medical complication, or need legal help in another matter, our firm has the resources you need to get the job done. A death in the family or a serious injury may cause serious repercussions. It's our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact our now for more information if you believe you have a Chesterfield, MO, injury lawsuit. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Chesterfield, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. At Halvorsen Klote, our injury lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Chesterfield, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Our Chesterfield, MO, injury lawyers understand how difficult it can be when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Do not hesitate to call our team now for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting compensation.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicular accidents account for around 1.9 million injuries each year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these injuries include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While semi-trucks are an obvious proponent of injury cases, everyday life carries its own share of danger. The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless claims for victims in the Chesterfield, MO, area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Premises Liability: These claims typically involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact an experienced workers compensation lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Anything from a serious burn to a swimming pool can be grounds for a personal injury case. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes to bring a personal injury claim vary greatly. There's no way to tell. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys in Chesterfield, MO, are here to help no matter what your situation is. We're here to win.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Claim?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Chesterfield, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include lost wages, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Chesterfield, MO, injury attorneys will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states have different rules about what damages are considered viable for reimbursement. Your Chesterfield, MO, injury attorneys will calculate these damages and ensure injury victims and their families get the compensation they deserve. You should also consider statutes of limitations in the state the accident occurred in. The rule of thumb is that you should file a case within one year, often much sooner, due to evidence. Contact one of our injury attorneys now for additional information about settling a claim or opening a case.
A skilled injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to negotiate with insurance agencies, file through medical records, get witness testimonies, and provide other services. It's essential to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning personal injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Many firms should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Our injury lawyers that represent Chesterfield, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Contact an Injury Lawyer in Chesterfield, MO, Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Chesterfield, MO, Injury Attorney today for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.