Injury Lawyers in High Hill, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Case Review and Consultation
Injury Lawyers in High Hill, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a major injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's High Hill, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents. Don't hesitate to reach out to one of our lawyers.
If you were injured in a car accident, at work, by a defective product, or require other legal assistance, our firm has the resources you need to fully represent your case. A death in the family or a serious injury can cause serious repercussions. It is our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact our now for more information if you believe you have a High Hill, MO, injury case. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in High Hill, MO?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of injury case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The High Hill, MO, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of types of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Our High Hill, MO, injury attorneys understand how difficult it can be when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Do not hesitate to contact us now for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting reimbursed.
Common Causes of Car and Truck Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these injuries include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While semi-trucks are an obvious proponent of injury cases, everyday life carries its own share of danger. The injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless claims for victims in the High Hill, MO, area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Premises Liability: These claims usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
A personal injury claim might involve drowning, burns, scarring, and other incidents. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. There's just no way to tell. Our injury attorneys in High Hill, MO, are here to help no matter what your situation is. We are here to win.
What Damages Can You Recover For a Personal Injury Claim?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our High Hill, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages often include lost wages, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our High Hill, MO, accident attorneys consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states have different rules about what is considered viable for compensation. Your High Hill, MO, injury attorneys will calculate these damages and make sure injury victims and their families get the compensation they deserve. You also need to consider statutes of limitations in the state the accident occurred in. The general rule is you should pursue a claim within one year, often much sooner, due to evidence. Contact one of Halvorsen Klote's injury lawyers today for more info about settling a claim or pursuing a case.
A qualified injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to negotiate with insurance agencies, file through medical records, get witness testimonies, and provide other services. It's important to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning personal injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Any firm should be able to provide you with client testimonials and results.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Our injury lawyers that represent High Hill, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Reach Out To an Injury Attorney in High Hill, MO, Now
Don't hesitate to contact Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced High Hill, MO, Injury Attorney now for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.