Injury Lawyers in High Hill, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Case Review and Consultation
Injury Lawyers in High Hill, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a severe injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's High Hill, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims and their families recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents. Don't hesitate to reach out to one of our lawyers.
If you were injured in a car accident, at work, by a defective product, or require other legal assistance, Halvorsen Klote has the resources you need to get the job done. A death in the family or a serious injury can cause serious consequences. It is our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact Halvorsen Klote now for a case review and consultation if you believe you have a High Hill, MO, injury lawsuit. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in High Hill, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. At Halvorsen Klote, our injury lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The High Hill, MO, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of types of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Our High Hill, MO, injury attorneys understand how difficult it can be when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Don't hesitate to reach out to our firm today for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting reimbursed.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicular accidents account for around 1.9 million injuries every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these incidents include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While semi-trucks are an obvious proponent of injuries, everyday life carries its own share of danger. The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless claims for victims in the High Hill, MO, area. Here are some of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Premises Liability: These claims typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced work-comp lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Anything from a serious burn to a swimming pool can be grounds for a personal injury case. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes to bring an injury claim vary greatly. There's no way to tell. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys in High Hill, MO, are here to help no matter what your accident is. We are here to win.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For an Injury Case?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our High Hill, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our High Hill, MO, accident lawyers consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states have different rules about what is considered viable for compensation. Our High Hill, MO, injury attorneys will calculate these damages and make sure survivors receive the compensation they deserve. You should also consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The general rule is you should pursue a claim within one year, usually much sooner, because of evidence. Contact one of Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now for additional information about settling a claim or opening a case.
An experienced injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to negotiate with insurance agencies, file through medical records, get witness testimonies, and provide other services. It's essential to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Many firms should be able to provide you with client reviews and testimonials.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Our injury lawyers that represent High Hill, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Reach Out To an Injury Lawyer in High Hill, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to contact Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced High Hill, MO, Injury Attorney today for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.