Injury Lawyers in Kirkwood, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review
Injury Lawyers in Kirkwood, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a severe injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Our Kirkwood, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident. Never hesitate to reach out to one of our lawyers.
If you were injured in a car accident, at work, by a defective product, or require other legal assistance, Halvorsen Klote has the resources you need to fully represent your case. A major injury or a death may cause serious repercussions. It is our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for more information if you think you have a Kirkwood, MO, injury lawsuit. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Kirkwood, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. At Halvorsen Klote, our injury lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Kirkwood, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
Our Kirkwood, MO, injury attorneys understand how hard it can be when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Do not hesitate to call our team now for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting compensation.
Common Causes of Car and Truck Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicular crashes account for an average of 1.9 million injuries every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these incidents include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While trucks are an obvious proponent of injury cases, everyday life carries its own share of risks. The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless cases for victims in the Kirkwood, MO, area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Premises Liability: These cases often involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced workers compensation attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Anything from a serious burn to a swimming pool can be grounds for a personal injury case. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring an injury claim vary greatly. There's no way to tell. Our injury attorneys in Kirkwood, MO, are here to help no matter what your accident is. We are here to win.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Case?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Kirkwood, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include lost wages, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Kirkwood, MO, injury attorneys will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states have different rules about what is considered viable for reimbursement. Your Kirkwood, MO, injury attorneys will calculate these damages and ensure injury victims and their families get the compensation they deserve. You should also consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The rule of thumb is that you should pursue a case within one year, often much sooner, because of evidence. Contact one of our personal injury lawyers today for additional information about settling a claim or opening a case.
An experienced injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to negotiate with insurance agencies, file through medical records, get witness testimonies, and provide other services. It's essential to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Any firm should be able to provide you with client reviews and testimonials.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Halvorsen Klote's injury lawyers that represent Kirkwood, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Contact an Injury Lawyer in Kirkwood, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Kirkwood, MO, Injury Attorney now for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.