Injury Lawyers in Kirkwood, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation
Injury Lawyers in Kirkwood, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a serious injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Our Kirkwood, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims and their families recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents. Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote now.
If you were injured in a car accident, at work, by a defective product, or require other legal assistance, Halvorsen Klote has the resources you need to get the job done. A major injury or a death may cause serious consequences. It is our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact our today for more information if you think you have a Kirkwood, MO, injury case. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Kirkwood, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of injury case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The Kirkwood, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of types of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Accident Attorney
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
Our Kirkwood, MO, injury lawyers understand how hard it can be when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Do not hesitate to reach out to our firm today for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting compensation.
Common Causes of Car and Truck Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these incidents include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While trucks are an obvious proponent of injury cases, everyday life carries its own share of hazards. The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless cases for victims in the Kirkwood, MO, area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Premises Liability: These claims usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced workers compensation lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Anything from a serious burn to a swimming pool can be grounds for a personal injury case. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury case vary greatly. There's just no way to tell. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys in Kirkwood, MO, are here to help no matter what your situation is. We're here to win.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Claim?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Kirkwood, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include lost wages, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is another reason why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Kirkwood, MO, injury attorneys consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states often have different rules about what is considered viable for reimbursement. Our Kirkwood, MO, injury lawyers will calculate these damages and make sure injury victims and their families receive the compensation they deserve. You also need to consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The general rule is you should pursue a claim within one year, usually much sooner, due to evidence. Call one of our injury lawyers today for more info about settling a claim or opening a case.
An experienced injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to get fair compensation for your damages like collect police reports, medical bills, and provide other services. It's essential to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning personal injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Many firms should be able to provide you with client reviews and testimonials.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Our injury lawyers that represent Kirkwood, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Contact an Injury Attorney in Kirkwood, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Kirkwood, MO, Injury Attorney today for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.