Injury Lawyers in Wellsville, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Case Review and Consultation
Injury Lawyers in Wellsville, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a major injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Our Wellsville, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident. Never hesitate to reach out to our firm.
If you were injured in a car accident, at work, by a defective product, or require other legal assistance, Halvorsen Klote has the resources you need to get the job done. A death in the family or a serious injury can cause serious repercussions. It is our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact our now for a case review and consultation if you think you have a Wellsville, MO, injury case. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Wellsville, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. At Halvorsen Klote, our injury lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Wellsville, MO, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Our Wellsville, MO, injury attorneys understand how difficult it can be when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Don't hesitate to reach out to our firm now for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting compensation.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicular crashes account for around 1.9 million injuries every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these incidents include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While trucks are an obvious proponent of injuries, everyday life carries its own share of hazards. The injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless claims for victims in the Wellsville, MO, area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Premises Liability: These claims often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite, and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact an experienced workers compensation lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
A personal injury claim might involve drowning, burns, scarring, and other incidents. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury claim vary greatly. There's no way to tell. Our injury attorneys in Wellsville, MO, are here to help no matter what your accident is. We're here to win.
What Damages Can You Recover For an Injury Case?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Wellsville, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include lost wages, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is another reason why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Wellsville, MO, accident attorneys consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states often have different rules about what damages are considered viable for compensation. Our Wellsville, MO, injury attorneys will calculate these damages and make sure survivors receive the compensation they deserve. You should also consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The rule of thumb is that you should pursue a case within one year, usually much sooner, due to evidence. Contact one of Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys now for additional information about settling a claim or pursuing a case.
A skilled injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to negotiate with insurance agencies, file through medical records, get witness testimonies, and provide other services. It's essential to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning personal injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Any firm should be able to provide you with client reviews and testimonials.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Halvorsen Klote's injury lawyers that represent Wellsville, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Contact an Injury Lawyer in Wellsville, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Wellsville, MO, Injury Attorney now for a free consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Attorney at Law
Samantha Orlowski is a practicing attorney Halvorsen Klote.
Samantha joined Halvorsen Klote in 2018 as a law clerk and has since become a practicing attorney. Sam's number one priority is to provide individualized experiences for each client to achieve the best results.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.