Injury Lawyers in Creve Coeur, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Case Review and Consultation
Injury Lawyers in Creve Coeur, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a serious injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Creve Coeur, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident. Never hesitate to reach out to one of our lawyers.
Whether you were injured while working, in a car accident, fell victim to a medical complication, or need legal help in another matter, Halvorsen Klote has the resources you need to fully represent your case. A death in the family or a serious injury can cause serious consequences. It is our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact our now for more information if you think you have a Creve Coeur, MO, injury lawsuit. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Creve Coeur, MO?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. At Halvorsen Klote, our injury lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Creve Coeur, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of types of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Our Creve Coeur, MO, injury lawyers understand how difficult it is when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Don't hesitate to reach out to our firm now for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting compensation.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicular accidents account for an average of 1.9 million injuries every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these incidents include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While semi-trucks are an obvious proponent of injuries, everyday life carries its own share of hazards. The injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless claims for victims in the Creve Coeur, MO, area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Premises Liability: These cases usually involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Anything from a serious burn to a swimming pool can be grounds for a personal injury case. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes to bring a personal injury case vary greatly. There's no way to tell. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys in Creve Coeur, MO, are here to help no matter what your situation is. We are here to win.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Claim?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Creve Coeur, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include any loss of financial earnings, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Creve Coeur, MO, injury attorneys consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states often have different rules about what damages are considered viable for reimbursement. Your Creve Coeur, MO, injury attorneys will calculate these damages and make sure injury victims and their families receive the compensation they deserve. You should also consider statutes of limitations in the state the accident occurred in. The rule of thumb is that you should pursue a claim within one year, often much sooner, because of evidence. Contact one of our personal injury attorneys today for additional information about settling a claim or pursuing a case.
A skilled injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to negotiate with insurance agencies, file through medical records, get witness testimonies, and provide other services. It's essential to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Many firms should be able to provide you with client reviews and testimonials.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Our injury lawyers that represent Creve Coeur, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Reach Out To an Injury Lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO, Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Creve Coeur, MO, Injury Attorney now for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.