Injury Lawyers in Creve Coeur, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Case Review
Injury Lawyers in Creve Coeur, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a severe injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Creve Coeur, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents. Don't hesitate to reach out to one of our lawyers.
Whether you were injured while working, in a car accident, fell victim to a medical complication, or need legal help in another matter, Halvorsen Klote has the resources you need to get the job done. A major injury or a death may cause serious consequences. It is our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact our now for a case review and consultation if you believe you have a Creve Coeur, MO, injury lawsuit. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Creve Coeur, MO?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. At Halvorsen Klote, our injury lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Creve Coeur, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
Our Creve Coeur, MO, injury lawyers understand how difficult it can be when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Don't hesitate to call our team now for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting compensation.
Common Causes of Car and Truck Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicular crashes account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these injuries include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While semi-trucks are an obvious proponent of injuries, everyday life carries its own share of risks. The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless claims for victims in the Creve Coeur, MO, area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Premises Liability: These claims usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact an experienced work-comp lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Anything from a serious burn to a swimming pool can be grounds for a personal injury case. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. There's just no way to tell. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys in Creve Coeur, MO, are here to help no matter what your accident is. We are here to win.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Case?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Creve Coeur, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include lost wages, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Creve Coeur, MO, accident attorneys consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states often have different rules about what is considered viable for reimbursement. Your Creve Coeur, MO, injury attorneys will calculate these damages and make sure injury victims and their families get the compensation they deserve. You should also consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The rule of thumb is that you should file a claim within one year, usually much sooner, due to evidence. Contact one of our injury attorneys today for additional information about settling a claim or opening a case.
A skilled injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to negotiate with insurance agencies, file through medical records, get witness testimonies, and provide other services. It's important to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning personal injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Many firms should be able to provide you with client testimonials and results.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Our injury lawyers that represent Creve Coeur, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Reach Out To an Injury Attorney in Creve Coeur, MO, Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Creve Coeur, MO, Injury Attorney today for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.