Injury Lawyers in New Haven, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Case Review and Consultation
Injury Lawyers in New Haven, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a serious injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's New Haven, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents. Never hesitate to reach out to one of our lawyers.
Whether you were injured while working, in a car accident, fell victim to a medical complication, or need legal help in another matter, our firm has the resources you need to fully represent your case. A major injury or a death can cause serious consequences. It is our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact our today for more information if you think you have a New Haven, MO, injury case. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in New Haven, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. At Halvorsen Klote, our injury lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The New Haven, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
Our New Haven, MO, injury lawyers understand how hard it can be when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Don't hesitate to call our team today for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting compensation.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicle-related crashes account for an average of 1.9 million injuries each year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these injuries include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While semi-trucks are an obvious proponent of injury cases, everyday life carries its own share of hazards. The injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless cases for victims in the New Haven, MO, area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Premises Liability: These claims typically involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Anything from a serious burn to a swimming pool can be grounds for a personal injury case. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. There's no way to tell. Our injury attorneys in New Haven, MO, are here to help no matter what your accident is. We're here to win.
What Damages Can You Recover For an Injury Case?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our New Haven, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our New Haven, MO, accident attorneys consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states have different rules about what damages are considered viable for reimbursement. Our New Haven, MO, injury lawyers will calculate these damages and ensure injury victims and their families receive the compensation they deserve. You also need to consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The general rule is you should pursue a case within one year, often much sooner, because of evidence. Call one of our injury lawyers now for more info about settling a claim or pursuing a case.
A qualified injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to negotiate with insurance agencies, file through medical records, get witness testimonies, and provide other services. It's essential to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning personal injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Any firm should be able to provide you with client testimonials and results.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Halvorsen Klote's injury lawyers that represent New Haven, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Contact an Injury Attorney in New Haven, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to contact Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced New Haven, MO, Injury Attorney today for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.