Injury Lawyers in Washington, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review
Injury Lawyers in Washington, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a serious injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Washington, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents. Don't hesitate to reach out to one of our lawyers.
If you were injured in a car accident, at work, by a defective product, or require other legal assistance, Halvorsen Klote has the resources you need to fully represent your case. A major injury or a death may cause serious repercussions. It is our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact our now for more information if you believe you have a Washington, MO, injury case. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Washington, MO?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. At Halvorsen Klote, our injury lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Washington, MO, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of types of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Accident Attorney
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
Our Washington, MO, injury lawyers understand how difficult it is when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Don't hesitate to reach out to our firm now for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting compensation.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicle-related accidents account for an average of 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these incidents include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While trucks are an obvious proponent of injuries, everyday life carries its own share of danger. The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless claims for victims in the Washington, MO, area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Premises Liability: These cases often involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact an experienced work-comp lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
A personal injury claim might involve drowning, burns, scarring, and other incidents. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. There's just no way to tell. Our injury attorneys in Washington, MO, are here to help no matter what your accident is. We are here to win.
What Damages Can You Recover For an Injury Claim?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Washington, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages often include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Washington, MO, accident lawyers will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states often have different rules about what damages are considered viable for reimbursement. Our Washington, MO, injury lawyers will calculate these damages and ensure survivors receive the compensation they deserve. You should also consider statutes of limitations in the state the accident occurred in. The general rule is you should file a claim within one year, often much sooner, because of evidence. Contact one of our personal injury attorneys now for additional information about settling a claim or pursuing a case.
An experienced injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to negotiate with insurance agencies, file through medical records, get witness testimonies, and provide other services. It's essential to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning personal injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Many firms should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Halvorsen Klote's injury lawyers that represent Washington, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Reach Out To an Injury Attorney in Washington, MO, Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Washington, MO, Injury Attorney now for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.