Injury Lawyers in Washington, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review
Injury Lawyers in Washington, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a serious injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Washington, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims and their families recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents. Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote now.
If you were injured in a car accident, at work, by a defective product, or require other legal assistance, Halvorsen Klote has the resources you need to fully represent your case. A death in the family or a serious injury can cause serious consequences. It is our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact Halvorsen Klote now for a case review and consultation if you believe you have a Washington, MO, injury case. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Washington, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of injury case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The Washington, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of types of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Our Washington, MO, injury attorneys understand how difficult it is when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Don't hesitate to call our team today for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting reimbursed.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicle-related accidents account for around 1.9 million injuries every year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these injuries include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While semi-trucks are an obvious proponent of injury cases, everyday life carries its own share of danger. The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless cases for victims in the Washington, MO, area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Premises Liability: These cases often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Anything from a serious burn to a swimming pool can be grounds for a personal injury case. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury claim vary greatly. There's just no way to tell. Our injury attorneys in Washington, MO, are here to help no matter what your situation is. We are here to win.
What Damages Can You Recover For a Personal Injury Case?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Washington, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Washington, MO, injury lawyers will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states often have different rules about what damages are considered viable for reimbursement. Our Washington, MO, injury lawyers will calculate these damages and make sure injury victims and their families receive the compensation they deserve. You should also consider statutes of limitations in the state the accident occurred in. The rule of thumb is that you should pursue a case within one year, often much sooner, due to evidence. Contact one of our injury lawyers now for additional information about settling a claim or opening a case.
An experienced injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to get fair compensation for your damages like collect police reports, medical bills, and provide other services. It's important to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Many firms should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Our injury lawyers that represent Washington, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Contact an Injury Lawyer in Washington, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to contact Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Washington, MO, Injury Attorney today for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.