Injury Lawyers in St. Clair, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review
Injury Lawyers in St. Clair, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a serious injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's St. Clair, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident. Never hesitate to reach out to our firm.
Whether you were injured while working, in a car accident, fell victim to a medical complication, or need legal help in another matter, our firm has the resources you need to fully represent your case. A death in the family or a serious injury may cause serious repercussions. It is our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for a case review and consultation if you think you have a St. Clair, MO, injury lawsuit. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in St. Clair, MO?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of injury case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The St. Clair, MO, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Our St. Clair, MO, injury attorneys understand how hard it can be when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Do not hesitate to call our team today for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting compensation.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these incidents include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While semi-trucks are an obvious proponent of injury cases, everyday life carries its own share of hazards. The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless claims for victims in the St. Clair, MO, area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Premises Liability: These cases typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact an experienced work-comp lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
A personal injury claim might involve drowning, burns, scarring, and other incidents. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring an injury claim vary greatly. There's no way to know. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys in St. Clair, MO, are here to help no matter what your accident is. We are here to win.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Case?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our St. Clair, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include any loss of financial earnings, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our St. Clair, MO, injury attorneys consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states have different rules about what damages are considered viable for compensation. Our St. Clair, MO, injury attorneys will calculate these damages and make sure survivors get the compensation they deserve. You also need to consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The rule of thumb is that you should pursue a case within one year, often much sooner, due to evidence. Call one of Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now for more info about settling a claim or pursuing a case.
A skilled injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to get fair compensation for your damages like collect police reports, medical bills, and provide other services. It's important to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning personal injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Many firms should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Our injury lawyers that represent St. Clair, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Reach Out To an Injury Attorney in St. Clair, MO, Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced St. Clair, MO, Injury Attorney today for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.