Injury Lawyers in Chamois, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review
Injury Lawyers in Chamois, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a severe injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Our Chamois, MO, Injury Lawyers help victims recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents. Don't hesitate to reach out to one of our lawyers.
Whether you were injured while working, in a car accident, fell victim to a medical complication, or need legal help in another matter, our firm has the resources you need to get the job done. A death in the family or a serious injury may cause serious consequences. It's our goal at Halvorsen klote to mitigate financial damages. Contact our now for more information if you think you have a Chamois, MO, injury lawsuit. We don't get paid unless you win.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Chamois, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and other damages. At Halvorsen Klote, our injury lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Chamois, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of types of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Our Chamois, MO, injury lawyers understand how difficult it is when medical bills and other expenses start piling up. Don't hesitate to call our team today for more information about filing a personal injury case and getting compensation.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
A high percentage of personal injury cases are related to car and truck accidents. Vehicular crashes account for about 1.9 million injuries every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections. Common causes for these incidents include the following:
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving for too long without taking a break
- Failure to properly supervise the truck driver
- Failure to monitor the driving hours of the truck driver
- Lack of driving experience
- Driving in hazardous weather
- Not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Overloading trailers
- Distracted driving and inattention
While semi-trucks are an obvious proponent of injuries, everyday life carries its own share of danger. The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless cases for victims in the Chamois, MO, area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Premises Liability: These cases typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Anything from a serious burn to a swimming pool can be grounds for a personal injury case. Emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering are other factors to consider. Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes to bring a personal injury claim vary greatly. There's no way to know. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys in Chamois, MO, are here to help no matter what your situation is. We're here to win.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Claim?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Chamois, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages often include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Chamois, MO, accident attorneys will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states often have different rules about what damages are considered viable for compensation. Our Chamois, MO, injury attorneys will calculate these damages and ensure survivors receive the compensation they deserve. You also need to consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The rule of thumb is that you should file a case within one year, often much sooner, because of evidence. Call one of our personal injury lawyers now for additional information about settling a claim or opening a case.
A qualified injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to negotiate with insurance agencies, file through medical records, get witness testimonies, and provide other services. It's essential to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning personal injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Many firms should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Our injury lawyers that represent Chamois, MO, victims are dedicated to helping people recover financially and physically. If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship.
Reach Out To an Injury Attorney in Chamois, MO, Now
Don't hesitate to contact Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in injury cases, and for others. Talk to an experienced Chamois, MO, Injury Attorney today for a free consultation.
No matter the cause of injury or death, it's crucial to contact our local semi truck accident lawyer right away if you need legal help. Legal representation doesn't cost you anything. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees. Our attorneys are here to win.