Injury Attorneys in Bourban, MO
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Case Review
Injury Attorneys in Bourban, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a serious injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Bourban, MO, Injury Attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you are injured in a car or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured due to a defective product or hurt on the job, Halvorsen Klote's Bourban, MO, injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages we'll discuss further down this page. Contact our firm now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
Common Personal Injury Claims
The injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless cases for victims in the Bourban, MO, area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicle-related crashes account for an average of 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases often involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced workers compensation attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury case vary greatly. There's no way to tell. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys in Bourban, MO, are here to help no matter what your situation is. We're here to win.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Case?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Bourban, MO, injury attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include lost wages, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Bourban, MO, accident lawyers will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Different states have different rules about what is considered viable for compensation. Our Bourban, MO, injury attorneys will calculate these damages and ensure injury victims and their families receive the compensation they deserve. You also need to consider statutes of limitations in the state you're in. The general rule is you should file a claim within one year, usually much sooner, because of evidence. Call one of our injury lawyers today for more info about settling a claim or pursuing a case.
Any tragedy validates at least looking into a lawyer. An experienced injury attorney will help you gather the material you need to negotiate with insurance agencies, file through medical records, get witness testimonies, and provide other services. It's essential to be proactive after an accident. You can read more in the FAQ section about filing and winning personal injury claims and hiring a lawyer.
Who is Liable to Pay for Damages?
Who is liable or at fault depends on where the accident happened, any liability coverage, and other factors. For example, if you're in a truck accident you may be able to sue the driver for negligence, the trucking company, or even a construction company if there were unexpected hazards. It's important to contact an experienced Bourban, MO, injury lawyer that can assess the claim and make sure all damages are covered.
Tips for Hiring an Attorney
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Any firm should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
Contact an Attorney in Bourban, MO, Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote now for a consultation. Call us at 1-877-51-HKLAW (877-514-5529 for a case consultation. Our Bourban, MO, wrongful death attorneys manage a variety of other cases as well, including:
Our attorneys would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.
Get the Help You Need Now
Don't hesitate to contact Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and others. Talk to an experienced Bourban, MO, Injury Attorney today for a free consultation.