Farmington, MO, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Farmington, MO. HK Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At HK Law, we help survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Halvorsen Klote's Farmington, MO, wrongful death attorneys today if you want legal representation. HK Law has recovered millions for survivors and will fight to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If something horrible happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. This is not a selfish act. The key to a wrongful death claim is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a third party.
There are a few different parties that can sue for wrongful death. This includes the following:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
Damages both general and special can come into play. For instance, medical bills, pain and suffering, emotional distress, burial fees, and others brought on by the loss of a family member.
The Farmington, MO, wrongful death lawyers at HK Law know the weight behind a loss, and how that will likely have financial repercussions for surviving family members. Never hesitate to contact HK Law if you think you have a wrongful death case in Farmington, MO.
Wrongful Death Claims
Nearly 200,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents annually. In the matter of wrongful death of a partner or family member, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way than a typical injury. Here, we've listed a few of the most common wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Farmington, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, equipment can fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in Farmington, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Farmington, MO?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. At Halvorsen Klote, our wrongful death lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Farmington, MO, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
What Damages Can You Recover in a Wrongful Death Case?
It is our responsibility to make sure clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our Farmington, MO, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Farmington, MO, injury lawyers will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Reimbursement is are dependent on the state you are in. If you are wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, HK Law will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you win the compensation you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in Farmington, MO, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Many firms should be able to provide you with client testimonials and results.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
At the end of the day, find a firm like HK Law now to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Farmington, MO. It's our job to help you recover damages. Feel free to one of our experienced attorneys by contacting us today. Our Farmington, MO, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.