Boonville, MO, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Boonville, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. At HK Law, we help survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Halvorsen Klote's Boonville, MO, wrongful death attorneys now if you are trying to start a case. We've recovered millions for victims and will fight to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If something horrible happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. Looking for compensation is not a selfish act. The key component of a wrongful death claim is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a 3rd party.
There are a few different parties that can sue for wrongful death. This includes the following:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
Damages both general and special can come into play. For example, any medical expenses, burial fees, pain and suffering, overall distress, and other financial problems brought on by the loss of a family member.
The Boonville, MO, wrongful death lawyers at HK Law know the weight behind a loss, and how that will likely have financial concerns for surviving family members. Never hesitate to contact our firm if you have a wrongful death case in Boonville, MO.
Wrongful Death Cases
Nearly 200,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents annually. In the matter of wrongful death of a partner or family member, changes can be more dramatic than a typical injury. Below, we've listed a few of the more common types of wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Boonville, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, equipment may fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you may have a wrongful death case. It is important to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Boonville, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Boonville, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The Boonville, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Wrongful Death Claim?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our Boonville, MO, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Boonville, MO, accident lawyers will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Reimbursement is are dependent on the state you're in. If you're wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, Halvorsen Klote will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, an experienced lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in Boonville, MO, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things potential clients should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Many firms should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
At the end of the day, find a firm like HK Law now to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Boonville, MO. It's our job to help you recover damages. Feel free to one of our experienced attorneys by contacting us today. Our Boonville, MO, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Attorney at Law
Samantha Orlowski is a practicing attorney Halvorsen Klote.
Samantha joined Halvorsen Klote in 2018 as a law clerk and has since become a practicing attorney. Sam's number one priority is to provide individualized experiences for each client to achieve the best results.