Ellisville, MO, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Ellisville, MO. HK Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Our firm helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Ellisville, MO, wrongful death lawyers now if you want legal representation. HK Law has recovered millions for survivors and will fight to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If the unthinkable happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. This is not a selfish act. The key component of a wrongful death case is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a 3rd party.
Various people can start a wrongful death claim. This may include:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
General and special damages may come into play. For instance, medical bills, pain and suffering, emotional distress, burial fees, and others brought on by the loss of a family member.
The Ellisville, MO, wrongful death lawyers at HK Law understand the weight behind a loss, and how that will likely have financial concerns for surviving family members. Never hesitate to contact one of our team members if you think you have a wrongful death case in Ellisville, MO.
Wrongful Death Claims
Nearly a quarter million people are killed by wrongful death accidents each year. Regarding wrongful death of a partner or family member, changes can be more dramatic than a typical injury. Here, we've listed a few of the most common wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car or truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Ellisville, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, equipment may fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a death, you may have a wrongful death case. It's important to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in Ellisville, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Ellisville, MO?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. At Halvorsen Klote, our wrongful death lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Ellisville, MO, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of types of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
What Damages Can You Recover in a Wrongful Death Case?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our Ellisville, MO, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include any loss of financial earnings, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Ellisville, MO, accident lawyers will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Damages are are dependent on the state you're in. If you are wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, Halvorsen Klote will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, an experienced law firm can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in Ellisville, MO, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us now for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Many firms should be able to provide you with client testimonials and results.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
The bottom line:, find a firm like HK Law today to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Ellisville, MO. Our duty is to our clients, and recovering any associated damages. Feel free to one of our firms attorneys by contacting us today. Our Ellisville, MO, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.