Owensville, MO, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Owensville, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At HK Law, we help survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Owensville, MO, wrongful death attorneys now if you want legal representation. Our firm has recovered millions for clients and will fight for you to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If something horrible happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. Looking for compensation is not a selfish act. The key to a wrongful death case is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a 3rd party.
There are a few different parties that can sue for wrongful death. This includes the following:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
Damages both general and special can come into play. For instance, any medical expenses, burial fees, pain and suffering, overall distress, and other financial problems brought on by the loss of a family member.
The Owensville, MO, wrongful death lawyers at Halvorsen Klote understand the weight behind such a loss, and how that may have financial concerns for surviving friends and family. Never hesitate to contact our firm if you have a wrongful death case in Owensville, MO.
Wrongful Death Cases
Nearly 200,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents each year. In the matter of wrongful death of a partner or family member, changes can be more dramatic than a typical injury. Below, we've listed a few of the more common types of wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car or truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Owensville, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, equipment may fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It is important to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in Owensville, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Owensville, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The Owensville, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of types of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Wrongful Death Case?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our Owensville, MO, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages often include lost wages, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is another reason why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Owensville, MO, accident lawyers consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Reimbursement is are dependent on the state you're in. If you are wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, HK Law will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, a qualified law firm can help you win the compensation you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in Owensville, MO, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm today for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Any firm should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
At the end of the day, find a firm like Halvorsen Klote now to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Owensville, MO. Our duty is to our clients, and recovering any associated damages. You can reach out to one of our firms attorneys by contacting us today. Our Owensville, MO, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Attorney at Law
Samantha Orlowski is a practicing attorney Halvorsen Klote.
Samantha joined Halvorsen Klote in 2018 as a law clerk and has since become a practicing attorney. Sam's number one priority is to provide individualized experiences for each client to achieve the best results.