Wardsville, MO, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Wardsville, MO. HK Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Our firm helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Wardsville, MO, wrongful death attorneys today if you want to settle a claim or case. We have recovered millions for clients and will fight to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If the unthinkable happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. This is not a selfish act. The key to a wrongful death claim is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a third party.
Various people can start a wrongful death claim. This includes the following:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
Damages both general and special may come into play. For example, any medical expenses, burial fees, pain and suffering, overall distress, and other financial problems brought on by the loss of a family member.
The Wardsville, MO, wrongful death lawyers at HK Law know the weight behind a loss, and how that may have financial concerns for surviving friends and family. Never hesitate to contact our firm if you have a wrongful death case in Wardsville, MO.
Wrongful Death Cases
Nearly a quarter million people are killed by wrongful death accidents each year. Regarding wrongful death of a partner or family member, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way than a typical injury. Below, we've listed a few of the more common types of wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck accidents. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Wardsville, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, equipment may fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It's essential to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Wardsville, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Wardsville, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The Wardsville, MO, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Accident Attorney
What Damages Can You Recover in a Wrongful Death Case?
It is our responsibility to make sure clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our Wardsville, MO, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Wardsville, MO, accident attorneys consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Damages are are dependent on the state you're in. If you're wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, Halvorsen Klote will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, an experienced law firm can help you win the reimbursement you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in Wardsville, MO, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm today for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Many firms should be able to provide you with client reviews and testimonials.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
The bottom line:, find a firm like Halvorsen Klote now to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Wardsville, MO. Our duty is to our clients, and recovering any associated damages. Feel free to one of our experienced attorneys by contacting us today. Our Wardsville, MO, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.