Fairview Heights, IL, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Fairview Heights, IL. HK Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Our firm helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Fairview Heights, IL, wrongful death lawyers today if you want legal representation. We've recovered millions for clients and will fight to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If something horrible happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. This is not a selfish act. The key component of a wrongful death claim is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a 3rd party.
Various people can start a wrongful death claim. This may include:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
Damages both general and special can come into play. For instance, medical bills, pain and suffering, emotional distress, burial fees, and others brought on by the loss of a family member.
The Fairview Heights, IL, wrongful death lawyers at Halvorsen Klote understand the weight behind a loss, and how that will likely have financial repercussions for surviving family members. Do not hesitate to contact our firm if you have a wrongful death case in Fairview Heights, IL.
Wrongful Death Cases
Nearly a quarter million people die due to wrongful death accidents every year. In the matter of wrongful death of a partner or family member, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way than a typical injury. Here, we've listed a few of the most common wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck accidents. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Fairview Heights, IL, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, equipment may fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It's crucial to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Fairview Heights, IL, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Fairview Heights, IL?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The Fairview Heights, IL, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Wrongful Death Case?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our Fairview Heights, IL, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages often include any loss of financial earnings, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Fairview Heights, IL, accident attorneys will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Reimbursement is are dependent on the state you are in. If you are wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, Halvorsen Klote will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, a qualified law firm can help you win the compensation you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in Fairview Heights, IL, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things potential clients should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Any firm should be able to provide you with client testimonials and results.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
At the end of the day, find a firm like Halvorsen Klote today to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Fairview Heights, IL. Our duty is to our clients, and recovering any associated damages. Feel free to one of our experienced attorneys by contacting us today. Our Fairview Heights, IL, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Attorney at Law
Samantha Orlowski is a practicing attorney Halvorsen Klote.
Samantha joined Halvorsen Klote in 2018 as a law clerk and has since become a practicing attorney. Sam's number one priority is to provide individualized experiences for each client to achieve the best results.