Kirkwood, MO, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Kirkwood, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At HK Law, we help survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Kirkwood, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you are trying to start a case. HK Law has recovered millions for clients and will fight to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If the unthinkable happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. Looking for compensation is not a selfish act. The key component of a wrongful death case is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a 3rd party.
There are a few different parties that can sue for wrongful death. This includes the following:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
General and special damages can come into play. For example, medical bills, pain and suffering, emotional distress, burial fees, and others brought on by the loss of a family member.
The Kirkwood, MO, wrongful death lawyers at Halvorsen Klote know the weight behind a loss, and how that might have financial concerns for surviving family members. Do not hesitate to contact one of our team members if you think you have a wrongful death case in Kirkwood, MO.
Wrongful Death Cases
Nearly 200,000 people die due to wrongful death accidents each year. In the matter of wrongful death of a partner or family member, changes can be more dramatic than a typical injury. Here, we've listed a few of the most common wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Kirkwood, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, equipment may fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It's essential to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Kirkwood, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Kirkwood, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The Kirkwood, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of types of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Wrongful Death Case?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our Kirkwood, MO, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages often include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Kirkwood, MO, accident lawyers consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Damages are are dependent on the state you're in. If you're wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, Halvorsen Klote will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in Kirkwood, MO, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things potential clients should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Any firm should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
The bottom line:, find a firm like Halvorsen Klote today to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Kirkwood, MO. It's our job to help you recover damages. Feel free to one of our experienced attorneys by contacting us today. Our Kirkwood, MO, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Attorney at Law
Samantha Orlowski is a practicing attorney Halvorsen Klote.
Samantha joined Halvorsen Klote in 2018 as a law clerk and has since become a practicing attorney. Sam's number one priority is to provide individualized experiences for each client to achieve the best results.