Vandalia, MO, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Vandalia, MO. HK Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. At HK Law, we help survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Halvorsen Klote's Vandalia, MO, wrongful death attorneys today if you want legal representation. We have recovered millions for survivors and will fight to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If something horrible happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. This is not a selfish act. The key component of a wrongful death case is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a 3rd party.
Various people can start a wrongful death claim. This may include:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
General and special damages may come into play. For example, any medical expenses, burial fees, pain and suffering, overall distress, and other financial problems brought on by the loss of a family member.
The Vandalia, MO, wrongful death lawyers at HK Law know the weight behind a loss, and how that may have financial repercussions for surviving family members. Don't hesitate to contact our firm if you have a wrongful death case in Vandalia, MO.
Wrongful Death Cases
More than 200,000 people die due to wrongful death accidents every year. Regarding wrongful death of a partner or family member, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way than a typical injury. Here, we've listed a few of the most common wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck accidents. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Vandalia, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, equipment can fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It's crucial to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Vandalia, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Vandalia, MO?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. At Halvorsen Klote, our wrongful death lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Vandalia, MO, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
What Damages Can You Recover in a Wrongful Death Case?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our Vandalia, MO, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include lost wages, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Vandalia, MO, accident attorneys consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Reimbursement is are dependent on the state you are in. If you're wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, Halvorsen Klote will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, an experienced lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in Vandalia, MO, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things potential clients should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Many firms should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
At the end of the day, find a firm like HK Law today to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Vandalia, MO. It's our job to help you recover damages. You can reach out to one of our experienced attorneys by contacting us today. Our Vandalia, MO, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.